Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im new to the forum and also pretty new to owning an ATV and working on them. two questions here kind of. i recently bought a 2019 sportsman 570 6x6 and have some questions about whether or not i should get a clutch kit on it or if the tires im running are just too big. the machine came with only 200 miles on it and had 27 in mudlite xtr tires on it all the way around. there was some tire rub from the middle axle rubbing near the foot well when i would load the bed up with weight. called the dealership and they said the tires should work no problem and they said they bend or cut out the plate that sticks out in the wheel all the time and its bad design on these newer machines (for what its worth i have been very unimpressed with my local dealership and dont really know if they're the best). so i cut the metal plate back some, stiffened up the shocks to the stiffest setting, and havent noticed it since. with that being said ive been thinking if i should get a clutch kit for it since these are bigger tires? its going to be used to haul animals out for hunting here in AK and there will be some mud to get through. but if itll work fine with out a clutch kit i dont wanna mess with it.
just wanted to get some opinions from guys who know more than me! if you guys do think i should get the clutch kit, any recommendations on one to go with? i literally know nothing about aftermarket atv parts. thanks for the help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts