Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently banged one of my rear wheels on some rocky terrain and there is a leak near the bend in the rim. I filed it with slime and aired it up and it's holding OK, but I'm looking to get it replaced before winter as I'll be using this machine to plow. What is my best option? I can't seem to find a stock POlaris rim on line anywhere. Delta Steel wheels seems like a good replacement but are the offsets the same as stock? I believe stock is 5x3 and I can't find a the same offset. also to confirm the bolt pattern is 4/156 right? I'm not home to measure currently.

·
Registered
574 Posts
If it were me I’d get the Delta Steel wheels cause you’ll eventually upgrade your OE tires and that’s when you’ll need the Delta’s. There are some aftermarket tires that can be used with OE wheels, but I think your limiting yourself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are our stock bolt pattern 4/156? Delta's seem cheap can I run the same rim size front and rear? 12 x 8 4+3 offset? I'd like to run 27x10x12 all around. That way I can rotate front to back and get a little extra tread life out of them. If I go 4+3 front and rear will they fit OK? They'd be wider stance than stock

·
Premium Member
7,483 Posts
You should be able to hammer that sent out!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
When you hold the OE wheel next to the Delta wheel you’ll know which one is a cheap wheel!! As far as 27x10’s all around it would depend on which brand. “Many” likely will rub your tie-rod ends. I’m pretty sure some are running 9’s on all 4 corners. I’ve considered that myself.

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
The stock wheels are 4/156 bolt pattern. The OEM wheels will be a 6-1 or 5-2 offset so the 4-3 of any aftermarket wheel will stick out further. They will be beyond the fenders and make the machine wider than stock. Not bad for stability, but the rider ends up wearing everything that is driven through. You can get a new OEM wheel from Polaris but they are very proud of them ($$$). Or go to powersportsnation.com and get a used one for a lot less. If you are going to be putting on an aftermarket tire, then you will need the 4+3 offset aftermarket wheels because Polaris puts a 8" wide tire on the front and the aftermarket tires are all 9" and will rub the tie rod ends.

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
If you are looking for tires, I would check Ebay and BikeBandit for sets. I got a set of what was labeled as Bear Claws in a 25x8-12 and 25x10-12 with a 6ply rating for under $250 shipped to my door. They have the Kenda logo on them. They are now in my 500 EFI machine with a new plow. Work just fine.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Problem is he’s looking to bump up to 27” tires. Even the Maxxis 27x8x12’s I posted may rub tie rods on his OE wheels, I can’t confirm that. And unless he’s mudding those wouldn’t be a good match anyway. IMO- 26”/27” HTR Bearclaws on Delta Steel, but you could choose any tire. You could still go with 9” all around.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I doubt it. I have Delta Steel 4+3 with 9” tires up front and I wouldn’t want tire any closer to tie rods. Why would you want 10” tires up front?

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
the 27x8 shouldn't rub the tie rod ends. 8" wide is the OEM tire so any 8 wide should fit. The 27 might rub elsewhere but the width should be fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I doubt it. I have Delta Steel 4+3 with 9” tires up front and I wouldn’t want tire any closer to tie rods. Why would you want 10” tires up front?
So I can rotate front to back as the rears wear faster. Just to get more tread life out of the tire, but since this is a AWD platform and the 10" wide up front would make the steering tougher I'll probably go 9" up front and 11" in the rear.

·
Registered
574 Posts
If you had read posts #5&#10 you would’ve known I understand the logic of same size on all corners!! The question was after all the discussion on tire size interfering with tie rods why were you “still” considering 10” tires for the fronts(post #11)?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I run 26x11x12 and 26x9x12 on the stock steel wheels and have zero clearance issues with tie rods.
What brand tires you running? Are your tie-rods flipped? Most 9” tires “will” rub with OE wheels. I also have 26x9(HTR Bearclaws)in front and even with Delta 4+3 offset there’s only about 3/16” clearance to tie-rods.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts