Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was replacing my motor Mount today I notice that when I spin my tire on the right side/passenger side (jacked up) I get a weird noise coming from the differential it does not do this on my other sportsman which is one year newer.

I made a video I'm spinning the left tire first which does not make the noise then I spin the right side. I did purchase the extended warranty hopefully adding a power steering did not void.

Also on a side note I read on here about the 1960 Falcon motor Mount I don't remember who it was but thank you very much for that!!

video of noise.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After looking at my own video maybe its just a wheel bearing.. ill have to take a better look. Does sound like it's coming from the differential though.

·
Premium Member
1995 magnum 425 4x4 2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
814 Posts
Rock auto had those mounts for $2 each so I replaced mine with them too. That doesn’t sound good! Is the fluid clean? Does that side engage when you select awd?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s a reddish copper brownish color. Barely anything on the magnet. In the picture below what’s on my finger came off the magnet
Four-wheel-drive works well all four tires spin when jacked up. I Can’t hear anything out of the ordinary with it off the ground and spinning using throttle. Only when it’s off and I’m spending it manually.
And sounds fine with driving down the road.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Fluid and magnet both look good. Thats odd for sure

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
1,333 Posts
Fluid and magnet both look good. Thats odd for sure
I agree, it does look good....I can tell
You that rotating the front wheels by hand while jacked up is noisier because the axles are extended fully....(my opinion)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Im going to keep a eye on it. I did sink this atv. SO.. To be honest if the differential right side bearing is bad it's probably my fault. Doesn't seem to be a difficult job to replace the bearings and seals and it only cost around $100 in parts. It maybe nothing to worry about but I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it

Completely Submerged sportsman | Polaris ATV Forum (polarisatvforums.com)

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Have you greased the bearings?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts