Polaris ATV Forum banner

2019 sportsman 570 radiator side shields?

5K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  Mikelav77 
#1 ·
When did they quit putting radiator side shields on the 570’s. Will a different year fit? Any body put them on?

#2 ·
yeah you can buy them. maybe 16' or 17' I want to say they stopped. its a catch 22, the rad is protected with them installed but they trap heat to a degree. with out them the rad is easier to clean and I say this aspect out ways having them installed. I say this cause my 800 has them but my 570 doesn't. I can flush the entire rad after every ride and that seems to be the deciding factor for me. I will add when I first bought the 570 I know they weren't on there and was going to order them out of the gate and held off. believe it or not my buds KQ750s didn't have them and so I was willing to give it a shot.

#4 ·
yeah then you might what to invest in the side shields!!! I don't bushwhack much, only if the trail is obstructed.

#6 ·
looking good!!! just installed my springs, its a nice upgrade!!

#9 ·
I took the 570 for a little rip around the block and WOW what a difference!! have you taken the wheeler for a ride to test out the new springs?

#11 ·
oh nice throttle lever!!! ill prob get one cause ive been reading guys have broken them. and I agree 100% with your statement on the new springs. I LOVED the 570 before and now its 10Xs better. cant wait to rip it on the trails.

#13 ·
nope its just a simple swap part for part. IMO doesn't case any added stress to any components and its pull the OEM and add the HD springs.

Reactions: 98whitelightnin
#16 ·
Correct for the Highlifters the rear needs the spring adapters. The EPIs on my 800 needed no spring adaptors.

#18 ·
if im picking up what youre putting down youre saying change the McPherson set up to double a-arm?? it cant be done unless there were a lot of fabricating to make it happen.

#22 ·
yup different frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.