Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am wondering if you could safely put a turbo kit on my four wheeler. If so what kind of kit? Thank you!

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Whatever kind of turbo you might find for it, would have to be custom made - save the expense, just trade the 570 in. Put the money you would spend on a turbo and put it towards the cost of 700 or 800cc model.

·
Premium Member
3,644 Posts
Interesting thought but the immediate question is why would you want to? For the cost of whatever you could find, you can certainly upgrade your machine to a larger displacement one. The 570 is rated at 44HP. I doubt that Polaris engineered it to handle the added boost from a turbo. And I would be really surprised if anyone made a kit for a 570 since I don't think there is enough demand for it. So you would have to figure out what parts you needed and engineer everything from parts that are available off the shelf. Or have an aftermarket company design you a really expensive one off kit. And with the added air, you will have to get someone to write a tune for the ECU for timing and fuel delivery. Injectors might be a problem too.

Polaris does turbos on the 1000cc RZR which would be the same engine as the 1000 Sportsman and Scrambler so you might be able to start with the parts from that system.

Keep us posted if you do find something. I am intrigued by the idea!

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
not enough space on a quad for turbo.

·
Premium Member
3,644 Posts
Well you could make room.....Wouldnt be able to actually ride it, but you could make it fit......:grin

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
not to mention the heat issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts