Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best pads to get for this machine. I primarily ride trails that are a mix of mud and sand.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where do you find EBC pads? Their website isn't really giving me any info. Also what are the differences in the material used for pads? I see Carbon, Semi-Metallic, Ceramic, and Sintered Heavy Duty. Here in Tennessee the hills plus sandy trails cause quite a bit if wear.

·
Premium Member
8,182 Posts
ebc I get them from rocky mountain

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
The difference in material is basically this - soft material (organic) is soft, cheap and will stop with less pressure, but wear out more quickly and are affected by water.

The higher priced metallic pads last longer, are less affected by water, but require higher pressure for the same stopping performance as the organic pads and will wear the rotor faster.

I use organic pads on my street bike and severe duty pads on my off road bike race bike.

·
9,855 Posts
Ditto ^^
I always ran EBC SV pads or OEM. The only ones I could find with a quick look was ebay. RM didn't list them for your machine but you might call to check. The OEM pads on these newer machines are actually very good but expensive.

·
Premium Member
8,182 Posts
ive noticed that also polman. so I have had to look up part numbers and enter them into rocky mountains site to pull them up.

·
9,855 Posts
Ok, I went back and checked RM atv again and they ONLY list the "R" series pads... not the SV for the Sportsman 850
They only list SV pads for the 570s??
$33 a set as compared to OEM at $59

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the EBC Brake Pad - Sintered Metal "R" Series. I'm sure I will be putting them on this week with the whole shutdown or quarantine. Will post back after this weekends trip.

·
Premium Member
8,182 Posts
I have had the best luck EBC. ive been hearing a company called DP Brakes makes a good pad. ill have to try them next time. but im skeptical as I heard this echoed about various other manufactuers and they never stacked up to EBC IMO!

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
I have been using Goldfren on my CRF and compared to the OEM pad, they have the same feel and require about the same input, but last about twice as long - I was replacing rear pads twice a year and with the Goldfren, I get a year out of them

·
Registered
21 Posts
I say go with the EBC pads its worth it. I only got 350 so miles out of my stock ones, but i have a 2010 850, Put on EBC and noticed a huge difference in the feel of the Breaks. I do try and use the breaks as much as possible to take some load off the drive train when slowing down, so i could tell a big difference on exactly how much break i was using compared to the OEM pad.

·
Registered
227 Posts
In December I got my EBC pads from Amazon. They had the best price of $28.47 and free ship.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts