Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased 2019 Sportsman 850 and also bought the pole Polaris winch.
Everything on the winch works except for the button that goes on the handlebars that in button will not work. I have the Rope pulled out the black puppies far enough away I still cannot get the in button to work. The handheld controller Works in and out can anyone help me with the problem here

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did not proofread it before I sent my mistake. The button on the handlebars the in part does not work if I push out that does work. I also have a handheld controller for the winch that works in and out. Can someone tell me or advise me how do I test that switch to see if that is definitely the problem. That's switch plugs right in to the harness on the Sportsman that is located right on the handlebars thank you for any help

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
If you can't hear the contactor the switch is bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I check it out I hear nothing when I push the in part of the button nothing. But when I push the out part of the button it works properly. I hear you when you say it's the switch but is there any possibility that it's a wire somewheres that I'm not finding where is the switch more than likely to issue. Thanks for your help I appreciate any input you have

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Absolutely it could be a wire. Test for power at the contactor where the wires from the switch connect. Typically there are three smaller wires. The ground, pos from in, and pos from out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions been a great big help as soon as I get time this weekend I will check that out. I am hoping it's the switch for that is right on top on the handlebars the solenoid where the wire goes to is in a very tight area. Again thanks for the help I appreciate it I'll let you know how it worked out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I seen Polaris has switches $99. But there's no way that I would pay them $100 for that switch. Any swivel switch will work one hot wire for the center and two coming out one for the end one for the anywhere from 20 to 30 bucks a decent switch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had to look it up real quick I knew it wasn't called a swivel switch. What I meant to say a rocker switch and I do not need Polaris switch any rocker switch will work. Thanks for the input though I'm going to try to look at it Saturday if not I won't get to it till Monday morning misses and myself are going riding taking the Polaris 850 and the Yamaha 700

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yes you can use any Rocker switch but for look, ergonomics and functionality there’s really none that compare to OE Polaris switch. Definitely overpriced. I also installed a remote off Ebay, was like $10.00, and it works fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts