Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just checked my oil level, after letting it warm up for 2-3 minutes. It’s sitting at the bottom mark, so I was going to add a little bit. Anyone know approximately it’ll take to get to the top mark? Wanted to check before playing the add a little and check game. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
About 200 to 300 cc to get from low to high - sorry, you got to add a little and check

If it's on the low mark, how close to being due for an oil change is it? If it were an engine known to consume oil (like my CRF race bike), I determined by trial and error the difference between full and low was 200 cc - it only holds 750 cc so I would race and fill 2 times and change the oil after the 3rd race. Been doing that since 2004 and have had no problems. Perhaps you are near time for an oil change - rather than add, just change and check between changes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 200 to 300 cc to get from low to high - sorry, you got to add a little and check

If it's on the low mark, how close to being due for an oil change is it? If it were an engine known to consume oil (like my CRF race bike), I determined by trial and error the difference between full and low was 200 cc - it only holds 750 cc so I would race and fill 2 times and change the oil after the 3rd race. Been doing that since 2004 and have had no problems. Perhaps you are near time for an oil change - rather than add, just change and check between changes.
It only has about 10.5 hours on it and I’ve had it since July. It shouldn’t need an oil change yet I wouldn’t think which is why I was going to add a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts