Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I’ve been scouring the Internet and even at the dealer been trying some and I can’t seem to find a rear box that fits on my specific bike because of the welded on bars the handles bolt to. Anyone successfully put something on theirs?
My handles are the triangle style that are not like the 570 or even some 850 for some reason.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Although the advertisement is noted, hoping to hear from someone who’s done it and can talk about the comfort for the passenger etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts

This is the only video review I can find. I'm probably going to buy one in the next couple months. This is the same box I linked in previous post.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is awesome. Expensive as heck but hey, it works. Finally found another picture of a bike with the same handle bars as mine with this box on it. Thanks so much for the info!

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
WOW, Touring storage! I can't believe it, but it over due, and it appears integral to the machine so there's no second bounce. I have a basket sitting bolted (bolted wing nuts) to my 2017 front storage box but "this" appears to be the best solution yet unless I missing something. Is there room for the passenger hand grips too? Exhaust heat? Room for the Hitch?

I'm thinking maybe if you subscribe to their newsletter, you might get 10% break off the box retail ($476 CAD = $358 USD, exchange today). Yes, "expensive as heck but hey, it works", I totally agree. I got nothing now unless, again, if I missed something somewhere else for touring model storage. I would of figured by now Polaris would of steped up to the bar by now, but nope.

Maybe send them an email and ask them to be a forum supplier and get 10% off on every order from the forum?? Or are they a supplier to this forum already?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a local company ordering a Kimpex Nomad 2 up box as they say if you take the passenger handles off this box will fit around the bars that stay and it has heated hand grips and wind guards. I will know more later this week if it is a for sure fit. I like this box but no, it has no hand support in terms of heat or wind. Storage is nice but on the video when she sat down she seemed to have her elbows touching the box and after a 6-10 hour ride that may be rough on the arms..

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Sorry I'm confused, so are there 2 possible storage boxes for the touring? I used your writeup below

1. Kimpex Nomad - if you take the passenger handles off this [storage?] box [it] will fit around the [ rear ATV? ] bars that stay and [ this strorage box] has heated hand grips and wind guards. I will know more later this week if it is a for sure fit.

2. TSSTbox (Canada) I like this box but no, it has no hand support in terms of heat or wind. Storage is nice but on the video when she sat down she seemed to have her elbows touching the box and after a 6-10 hour ride that may be rough on the arms..

Do theses storage boxes require removal of the Polaris existing passenger hand grips? . I also have a Polaris rear bumper assessory that i wonder if impacted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ll have an answer in the Kinpex Nomad later this week for certain but from what we could tell, if you remove the polaris rear seat handles (the main bars have to stay but the triangle 3 handle portion comes off with 4 bolts) then the kimpex box seems to fit around the factory 2nd seat bars and provide their own handles with heated grips and covers.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
FYI
Polaris Storage Box thread at:

Addresses a Touring box from Russia.

Do we now have three touring rear storage boxes of different styles/MFR's to chose from? Or am I confused.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That’s the same as the first option posted by wanderer.

This is the only video review I can find. I'm probably going to buy one in the next couple months. This is the same box I linked in previous post.

Yes, her husband ordered a trunk on my website. And as you can see from the review, they are very happy with their purchase. So welcome to shopping. POLARIS TOURING 850 SP

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We did test the Kimpex Nomad one and it did not fit around the rear handle bars all that well. It could be used but was really tight and the mounts for the rear handles can poke into the passenger hips if hitting a bump the wrong way. I've searched everything and so far the ATVbox.ru seems to be the only only one that really fits so we ordered one. Been 4 weeks, still waiting for it to come in but with this pandemic I'm sure it's not helping delivery speed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We did test the Kimpex Nomad one and it did not fit around the rear handle bars all that well. It could be used but was really tight and the mounts for the rear handles can poke into the passenger hips if hitting a bump the wrong way. I've searched everything and so far the ATVbox.ru seems to be the only only one that really fits so we ordered one. Been 4 weeks, still waiting for it to come in but with this pandemic I'm sure it's not helping delivery speed.
Thanks for the info.. Much appreciated..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts