Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the big differences between the 2019 and 2021 Sportsman 570. Wanting to get one for my 13 year old son for Christmas. He’s been riding my 2005 Honda Rincon and just want to get him something EFI. Seems like the 570 had the best bang for the $. Have always had a Honda but they’re a little expensive for the size and what you get now. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
15,182 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
2014 to 2020 sportsman 570 battery is located on lower frame/ front left wheel opening. Larger front storage area. Rear storage area.

2021+ has battery under front box. Smaller don't storage area in box due to battery. Rear storage eliminated. Belt box exhaust outlet relocated and rends to take on water more so than the previous design

Not sure when the following changes happened:

A battery tender port was added to the pod

The dash/ display was upgraded and pod redesigned

Stainless steel muffler

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
730 Posts
2019 has the defective motor mounts. 2021 is the new body style, and may/may not use struts on the front.

2019/2020 seem to me (of course I own 2 2019 570 SP), because of the belt exhaust, rear storage, more front storage,better guards for the a-arms. The battery does suck, but it's doable. You can also purchase a battery relocate kit from Quad Logic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2019 has the defective motor mounts. 2021 is the new body style, and may/may not use struts on the front.

2019/2020 seem to me (of course I own 2 2019 570 SP), because of the belt exhaust, rear storage, more front storage,better guards for the a-arms. The battery does suck, but it's doable. You can also purchase a battery relocate kit from Quad Logic.
Any issues on your 2 x 2019’s?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Gee..Where do I start?

Probably the biggest issue is my wife's. On the first time out I had a vibration and squeaking when stopping. Tried to change oil on it (100 miles or so), and the engine isn't aligned to allow the drain plug to be removed..Take to dealer and they widen the hole in the skid plate so the plug could be removed. Dealer could not find anything about the squeaking and grinding.

Next trip had trouble with the gauge occasionally showing over voltage and intermittent cranking. Discovered the cables on the terminal block were loose..Fixed.

Same trip, the vibration and squeaking are getting worse. I discover the left motor mount is broken. Take to dealer..Argue that this should be covered because I complained at the first service, and after they replaced mount, the engine aligned in chassis...Polaris stepped up and reimbursed for dealer repair.

Wife and I go on another trip..On the way back (about 70 miles since repair), she lost control and runs off the trail. She get's ejected and fly the machine. Get her out of the weeds, and she rides back..10 miles later it won't go forward..Tow it behind my 570.

Get the machine back home, and pull the belt cover..The belt has grenaded, and their is a hole in the belt cover....I replace the parts with used Ebay cover and a new belt..

Now it won't shift when running...Eventually I remove alignment washers from behind the secondary so the belt runs true and you can shift while running.

Mine-
2000 miles or so it dies on the trail with my nephew driving. Won't start and a strong smell of gasoline. Remove seat and the wiring for the fuel injector has chafed on the frame and shorted the wire to ground, causing full injector opening...tape the wire on the trail and get it going again.

Bring to dealer, and they charge me for fixing the wiring. I argued that the wiring repair is covered under my extended warranty, and they won't budge. I print out the contract from Polaris's site, and they tell me I must pay or else they will not release my machine. I pay and call Polaris...They reimburse me, agreeing that it was covered and the dealer was wrong.

After that, it has been the usual 570 stuff..Rear springs, batteries (mine has the battery re-locate kit), lubricate bearings, adjust valves, fluid changes, rear suspension bushings (replaced with garage products), motor mounts (replaced with aftermarket one for a transmission mount for a 64 ford falcon). Both machines have the full Ricochet aluminum skid plates and a-arm guards. Both machines also have a terminal connection to the battery from inside for ease of access, and also a permanent pig tail for a battery tender. Both machines also have factory heated grip kits. I have also replaced the plastic throttle levers with aluminum ones from Amazon as they are easy to break.

My machine has 5300 miles, 2 new sets of brakes, original tires, 2 valve adjustments, rear springs, new drill and fill plugs for trans and front diff. Currently it has intermittent throttle error codes (520194). I have adjusted and replaced the throttle cable, haven't tested since. I installed LED bulbs, and did not go so well. The battery has been relocated, I have the larger relocation kit but haven't installed a larger battery. The heat shield around the exhaust has several cracks that I have half-assed repaired with some steel cable ties (it's under warranty, but 6 weeks out for dealer service). I have replaced the motor mounts before they failed. My machine has a mount for my GPS (Garmin Zumo 550), a viper 4500 winch, mirrors, and had guards.

Wife's machine has about 1200 miles on it. No more issues since I fixed the clutch alignment and replaced the other motor mount (proactive, they are cheap). Wife has a complete windshield setup that matches the paint, and includes mirrors and hand protection.

So, after writing that novel above, why did I get these machines?

The ride, ease of driving, ease of repair, cheap parts (in general compared to other makes), and lots of happy people. All the issues are not only repaired, but improved on.

I only recreational trail ride in Wisconsin and Michigan. My buddy and I have done a single 430 mile round trip one day. He has a Honda Rincon with the 3 speed transmission with 20k miles. Very reliable, but lots of pain after riding compared to my Polaris. He also has full independent suspension, but drum brakes, carbed, independent brake systems (one for each hand), and simple repairs like the rear brake rotor are extremely difficult. He also runs out of fuel before me, and does not have the option to get with power steering. His machine also has a loose timing chain that is very noisy when cold, and in cold weather the trans doesn't shift well until it warms up.

His is a 05, and in 22, they have added fuel injection, increased displacement to offset loss of performance to fuel injection, disk brakes in the front (but still separate systems), and no power steering. On our trail rides he has less fender protection and head lights are quickly coated with dust/mud.

So I can either repair my body with physical therapy and medicine after each ride, or fix my machine!! The market is focused on UTV's, ATVs are just available to keep stable sales. Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki have basically just changed color schemes and a few features for each year. Can-Am (BRP) and Polaris do make substantial upgrades on the ATV's.

Sorry for the long message!

·
Registered
9 Posts
the placement for battery is better in 2021 than 20 and under. I can tell you the clutches are different but have same exact function, also the facia of the 2021 IMO looks a lot better than the 20 and under. Overall they are basically the same bike except for some cosmetic and part changes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies. Like the tan color on the 2021 and newer. Would like to add some wheels and tires and be set I believe. Just a lot better deals on the 2019 vs the 2021 and newer ones

1 - 12 of 12 Posts