Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for recommendations on a plow for the atv. I've looked at the Denali universal kit, but can't tell if it fits.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Doug

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Easiest as far as installation would be the Polaris set up. Designed to be easy to hook up and take off. It will most likely be the most expensive too. I am looking for one to replace the Moose unit on my 325 machine. Sent that ATV and plow to my daughter and son in law so I need one for my wifes old 500. I had good luck with the Moose pieces on the 325 and have been looking at the same thing for the 500. Still about $1000 for all of the pieces. Mount, push tube and blade.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Polaris setup is the best in terms of ease of installation/removal, takes seconds and allows the blade to be lifted very high. The added advantage is that nothing is bolted to the frame, i have always found that aftermarket plows chafe the frame and usually have something hanging off of the bottom that hits and gets beat up when you trail ride. I had a Warn ProVantage system on my Brute Force, very well built but a tad on the heavy side, requires spring helpers or aftermarket springs. When I bought my Polaris I found a Polaris plow mount on Kijiji and had the Warn plow modified to fit, very happy with it, the plow is of better quality than the Polaris unit but I have the convenience of the Polaris mount.

Good luck, hope you find something that works good for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! I looked at the Polaris plow, but hte mount was out of stock. I ordered the Denali w/60" blade. They had a 10% off offer, so that was cool. We had frost here yesterday morning... Snow isn't too far behind.

Doug

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! The plow arrived today. Took about an hour to assemble. Impressed with the attachment and ATV specific mount. On & off in under a minute. Definitely worth the cost so far - but we'll see how it does with the snow!

·
Vendor
391 Posts
Thanks for the shout-out for our DENALI plows. Our MA11110 mount should fit the XP1000 model and you can get 10% off our plows by using FACEBOOK10 at the final page of check-out at www.motoalliance.com. Also works for our VIPER winches and everything else.

We've been manufacturing and selling our DENALI plows for about 10 years now. Thanks for all the support and PM me with any questions.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wow! The plow arrived today. Took about an hour to assemble. Impressed with the attachment and ATV specific mount. On & off in under a minute. Definitely worth the cost so far - but we'll see how it does with the snow!
You could use it as a backstop at a shooting range and not hurt it. It's solid and heavy. We plow over 200" a year with it. Zero issues.

The Polaris plow is OK but way overpriced for what it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Polaris Glacier II (I think that is the right name) and I think it sucks, the mounting is good, but the feet wear out and so does the blade....I also have a few rough spots on my driveway and it breaks the shear pin for the angle very easily......not complaining just wish they held up better than what they do for "Polaris" brand.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You could use it as a backstop at a shooting range and not hurt it. It's solid and heavy. We plow over 200" a year with it. Zero issues.

The Polaris plow is OK but way overpriced for what it is.
Thanks for the shout-out for our DENALI plows. Our MA11110 mount should fit the XP1000 model and you can get 10% off our plows by using FACEBOOK10 at the final page of check-out at www.motoalliance.com. Also works for our VIPER winches and everything else.

We've been manufacturing and selling our DENALI plows for about 10 years now. Thanks for all the support and PM me with any questions.
@Peter - perhaps you can help. When I order the plow, I also ordered the roller. I learned at the beginning of October that the roller was on back order. No indications in the package, it was just missing. I asked RVS Performance for an update, but haven't heard anything for about 4 weeks. Snow is headed here soon, and I'd like to be ready.

Can you confirm back order status and provide estimated return to stock on that part?

Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Peter - perhaps you can help. When I order the plow, I also ordered the roller. I learned at the beginning of October that the roller was on back order. No indications in the package, it was just missing. I asked RVS Performance for an update, but haven't heard anything for about 4 weeks. Snow is headed here soon, and I'd like to be ready.

Can you confirm back order status and provide estimated return to stock on that part?

Thanks,
Doug
Good news! Just heard from RVS. The part is shipping today.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First snow of the season. About 8” fell since yesterday. Had a blast plowing! Works great!! I’m sure that will wear off though 😬
would be nice to be able to change the blade angle while seated though. Maybe next year!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Second time out plaiting today. 8 - 10 runs in, and the winch rope broke. Looks like it was in the area of the roller kit. Anyone else had to deal with this?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Second time out plaiting today. 8 - 10 runs in, and the winch rope broke. Looks like it was in the area of the roller kit. Anyone else had to deal with this?
I skip the roller and use a boat strap. Cut strap to 6 feet. Connect to end of winch rope w some tape. Wind it in flat. It will tighten on itself. Has worked great for 5 years, have replaced strap once. I plow about 8 hrs with it each iowa snowfall. Whole neighborhood is on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a great idea! I ordered a replacement rope already though. What I've read is that with synthetic cable, a Hawse fairlead should be used. Mine came with a roller fairlead which is apparently used with steel cable.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Yeah, I have that option. I'm wondering if maybe I left too much rope out, and when I brought it in to lift the plow, maybe the rope caught outside of the pulley.

I installed a new rope, and the Hawse fairlead tonight, so we'll see how that goes. I've taken the pulley system out of the equation for now. Want to see how the different fairlead performs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts