Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I see motor mounts are a common issue on these machines..... can someone tell me of a better solution to repair these than buying a new set of the same problematic parts? Did they issue a recall im unaware of? My machine has 1000kms on it always washed after a ride... stored indoors... not abused even a little bit.... both front mounts defective. Any advice on a better solution short of trading her in would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
5,962 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Your question has now been logged into the queue and the next available forum member will answer you shortly after shortly

Reactions: Trailman

·
Registered
2017 Sportsman 850SP
1,501 Posts
Hi, I see motor mounts are a common issue on these machines..... can someone tell me of a better solution to repair these than buying a new set of the same problematic parts? Did they issue a recall im unaware of? My machine has 1000kms on it always washed after a ride... stored indoors... not abused even a little bit.... both front mounts defective. Any advice on a better solution short of trading her in would be greatly appreciated.
You want the transmission mounts for a 1961 Ford Falcon, available at Napa.

·
Premium Member
1995 magnum 425 4x4 2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
855 Posts
rockauto.com has them for a couple bucks a piece as well. I put two of them on my 570 and got two spares since they were cheap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was surprised to see such a simple part fail so fast.... actually the starting solenoid failed first around 700km ... what do I have to look forward to after this I wonder?

·
Premium Member
1995 magnum 425 4x4 2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
855 Posts
They've only been installed a few months but working so far. I had 1 replaced under warranty not long after picking the machine up in 2019. Then i noticed the other one was broken so I replaced them both. The only other issue I have had with the 570 has been batteries, they just arent big enough from the factory. Other than these minor issues, its been an excellent machine and my son rides the hell out of it

·
Premium Member
5,962 Posts
Rubber seperates from the metal

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's like the halves didn't even try to stay together..... its a good thing too I found a wireing harness the was wrapped around the mount and chaffing... she was planning on leaveing me on the side of the trail at some point soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You may find after replacing them with the Falcon mounts available at local auto parts stores that you can feel more vibration and hear the plastic body parts rattling. I have 2, 2020 Sportsman 570's and had to replace both mounts on one of them. Immediately after I started chasing vibrations and noises that weren't there before. I worked on that issue today. I think the Falcon mounts may be a little stiffer rubber than the originals. They work good but if it vibes you can know what the cause is. The one cylinder engine shakes a bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You may find after replacing them with the Falcon mounts available at local auto parts stores that you can feel more vibration and hear the plastic body parts rattling. I have 2, 2020 Sportsman 570's and had to replace both mounts on one of them. Immediately after I started chasing vibrations and noises that weren't there before. I worked on that issue today. I think the Falcon mounts may be a little stiffer rubber than the originals. They work good but if it vibes you can know what the cause is. The one cylinder engine shakes a bit.
Good advice! It was the vibration that led me into the hunt to find the cause.... I think I'll try for a twin cylinder in my next life and mabe a Yamaha or Honda since I'm dreaming now lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
They've only been installed a few months but working so far. I had 1 replaced under warranty not long after picking the machine up in 2019. Then i noticed the other one was broken so I replaced them both. The only other issue I have had with the 570 has been batteries, they just arent big enough from the factory. Other than these minor issues, its been an excellent machine and my son rides the hell out of it
I have to recommend Power Sport Batteries Power Sport Batteries
They have excellent service and have good batteries. They just replaced one for my 2005 Sportsman 800. No issues with warranties, they just sent it out and 3 days later, presto it's here.
Check them out. Free shipping over $50.00.

This is the last battery I bought from them for my 2005 Sportsman 800. Perfect Fit.
WPX30L-NG Lightning Start Power Source Sealed 600 CCA - 30Ah

·
Registered
2018 Sportsman 450 HO
23 Posts
I don't see anyone suggesting any specific brand of motor mounts for replacements (other than the "Ford Flacon" mention).

If we have a problem, what brand should we use?

CMOS

·
Premium Member
5,962 Posts
"Ford Flacon" Once and done!

Reactions: MrEd and CMOS
1 - 19 of 19 Posts