Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2020 Polaris 570. The dip stick is very hard to reach. Anyone make an extension or something to be able to check the oil ?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Haven’t heard of that being done. You could be the first though. Obviously couldn’t extend beyond the little access door. Maybe you just need to get used to stretching those fingers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a new 2020 Polaris 570. The dip stick is very hard to reach. Anyone make an extension or something to be able to check the oil ?
Oil dip stick is down pretty deep. I use a very long pair of needle nose pliers to reach the cap and unscrew it that way. I think this will come up again. I'll see if my wife can do it. she has small hands.

·
Registered
2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
282 Posts
Kind of a pain but removing the side plastics makes it a lot easier. I always like to clean off around the dipstick before pulling it out anyway

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
It wasn’t designed to be this way, originally the side plastics weren’t even there. My 2017 came wide open, it was only when they added the close-offs for heat issues. So mine was added after I bought. The heat never bothered me honestly. Try taking side panel off and running it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts