Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the record, this is my first ATV. Everything was fine until the other day I started hearing a rattle at a steady throttle. I have checked everything I know to check. This bike has 20 hours and about 100 miles. I have not abused it and have followed the break in period guidelines.
It seems like the rattle is coming from the right rear tire but I can’t pin point it. I want to say it is coming from the breaks but idk. I am not familiar with the mechanics of an atv.

please help! Idk if it is safe to ride and it sucks. I made a video to describe the issue more.

·
Premium Member
2015 Sportsman XP 1000 LE Touring
111 Posts
for the record, this is my first ATV. Everything was fine until the other day I started hearing a rattle at a steady throttle. I have checked everything I know to check. This bike has 20 hours and about 100 miles. I have not abused it and have followed the break in period guidelines.
It seems like the rattle is coming from the right rear tire but I can’t pin point it. I want to say it is coming from the breaks but idk. I am not familiar with the mechanics of an atv.

please help! Idk if it is safe to ride and it sucks. I made a video to describe the issue more.
I fully recommend using that (short while it's around) warranty.
Mine made made a similar noise once, it was the brakes. There's a "set-screw".. if you don't have the book / detailed knowledge of this procedure, go to a shop.
I recommend when buying any "motor", you get the manual.
(I ALWAYS do & have several. Clymers, Chilton, factory OEM....)

Reactions: Tim-ANC
1 - 4 of 4 Posts