Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. New to the forum but not new to quads, side by sides and bikes. But kinda new to Polaris new line up.
I just bought a 2020 Polaris Phoenix 200 and it’s having a performance issue. It just won’t run (idle or under throttle) right. New plug....timing is perfect....and all the electrical specs are within their tolerances.
I believe it needs to have the air screw adjusted, but I cannot locate it. The carb is a Keihin PTG 22. And I can’t find anything online about it. If there are any carb guys (or gals) that can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
It does not have an air screw - it has a fuel screw that is capped to prevent tampering (required by the EPA) - it only affects idle and will not change high speed operation one iota.

The biggest variable to performance is altitude and fuel quality. What kind of fuel are you using and how old is the fuel?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuel is brand new premium. And I see the “valley” on the bottom of the carb in the center of the bowl...but there isn’t a cap or a plug in it. Nor is there a little hole inside the carb on the other end of where that “tunnel” is. If there was an “air screw” up in there, then there should be a little hole inside the carb adjacent to it. And there is not

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
The carb on the Phoenix is a simple VM style carb - and I stand corrected - it does have an air screw (#3) - #7 is the idle speed screw - if it won't idle or run right, I suggest you have the carb cleaned to remove varnish. I have serviced more than one NEW carb on a vehicle off the showroom floor because it set more than 30 days between prepping for sale and sale date - it only takes 21 days for alcohol blended fuel to gum up the inside of a carb if it sets unused.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I assure you this carb is surgically clean. And there is NO screw in that cut out center of the bowl

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
I'm just trying to wrap my head around the part in question - here's the carb according to the service manual - just exactly where is the hole you took a pic of and is it an OEM carb?

Got a pic of the carb the carb with the float bowl off? Maybe some pics from different angles and a pic of the make of the carb (brand name or manufacturer) and extremely helpful, any printing (ink or embossing) especially the model and serial number.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea. I’ll post a video of it close up when I get back to the shop. It’s a Keihin carb. PTG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts