Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me figure out why my brand new Scrambler seems to lose power after going through the mud a few times? First quad I've owned in awhile and Idk where to start. All that's done to it is snorkel kit and a tad bit bigger tires 27x9-14.

What happens is when I'm trail riding it runs perfect then I go through some mud holes a few times and has no issue but after awhile of going through some of the mud holes it seems to bog down and lose power...has no problem doing 60-70 mph at about 5-6000 rpm but when this bog down occurs it struggles to go 40 at 5000+ rpm? Do I need a programmer would that solve the issue or is it something to do with belt line or transmission? After it sits while for example I wash it off then it drives normal again? Don't get it, any help or experiences with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mud in the radiator will run it hot every time and limp mode will kick in. Switch your display to show engine temperature. The fan should kick on at 200F and you probably shouldn't see no more than 205F. At least I never have. If it gets too hot your temperature light should start blinking and limp mode turns on.

Another possibility would be mud in the tranny which can come in from the breather tube near the right rear tire. I have no clue why the hell they put it right there. So much water and mud gets thrown in there from the rear tire. I haven't had limp mode kick in due to a tranny problem, however, my Kawasaki Brute Force has gone into limp mode a few times when water got into the CVT. I would bet that the Scramblers will do the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts