Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it's time to start mods on the new machine. First was a K&N air filter and remove screen and exhaust deflector. Now it's new headlights. All i can say is dam. Just recieved my new Heretic led headlights. They blow my 14 Scrambler 1000 leds away. Will take more pics tomorrow but the look awesome. The guys at Heretic are awesome to deal with.

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, my 14 Scrammy has almost 4k and still going strong as well as wife Ace 900, 2002 bought new Raptor 660, 14 Sportsman 400, Harley Vrod muscle, wife's Range Rover velar and all of my Ram 2500-3500 with Cummins....plus all of my past bikes and ATV's for many years all have run K&N air filters so i think I'm covered on that subject......plus every machine has air box mods that allow more air and dirt in and still no failures...minus the RR that air box is unmodified.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I will second the dislike of K&N. Oiled foam is much better. The only place I run an oiled gauze filter is in my Harley which does not typically see any significant dust.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ok it's time to start mods on the new machine. First was a K&N air filter and remove screen and exhaust deflector. Now it's new headlights. All i can say is dam. Just recieved my new Heretic led headlights. They blow my 14 Scrambler 1000 leds away. Will take more pics tomorrow but the look awesome. The guys at Heretic are awesome to deal with.[/QUOTE Fun when I look at your pictures the 1000 S doesn't look wide it looks normal.]

·
Registered
806 Posts
Check the turbo on those Cummins. I guarantee the wheel is worn from the sand the KN lets in. KN on sxs,atvs and diesels are the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
unless ur always in the front of the pack cause ur on a scrambler 1000 than no dust at all, haha, i do run a Uni on my scrambler not taking any chances but i did have a k/n on my sportsman 500, i never ride in others dust cloud tho, very important !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts