Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Polaris sportsman 570
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys this is my first post here thanks in advance to everyones input back in January I purchased a 2020 570 sportsman had some issues the first few trips i recently came back from a trip and notice some poor materials used on the quad the pins for the front storage sheared off and the whole cover came off no damage thankfully is there a reason why they would use plastic? If anyone has upgraded id love to see some pictures and ideas that worked for you i go it back on with some cotter pins I had just to get me through the day looking for a permanent fix also the latches for the front storage are garbage looking to upgrade them as well and finally is there a company that makes a inner wheel wellor some kind if guard for rad protection and to keep mud from getting in there excessively all inputs appreciated looking forward to hearing from you guys

·
Premium Member
9,724 Posts
So the older models they used side shields for the radiators. They can still be purchased. Those hinge pins is what I'm assuming you are talking about are plastic IMO so they break and not the $200+ lid.

·
Registered
2019 sportsman 570
74 Posts
I bought them from partzilla 2015 they fit right out of the box no mods needed. All you need is four of those plastic push pins per side. They really make a difference!!

·
Premium Member
9,724 Posts
I bought them from partzilla 2015 they fit right out of the box no mods needed. All you need is four of those plastic push pins per side. They really make a difference!!
Hey Jeremy every time i see them i want to add them, LOL. How much for the set??

·
Registered
2019 sportsman 570
74 Posts
If I remember right they were around $30 give or take that was a couple months ago. They are kind of a pain to put in I did mine when I had the front plastics off putting my highlifter springs in.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Whats up guys this is my first post here thanks in advance to everyones input back in January I purchased a 2020 570 sportsman had some issues the first few trips i recently came back from a trip and notice some poor materials used on the quad the pins for the front storage sheared off and the whole cover came off no damage thankfully is there a reason why they would use plastic? If anyone has upgraded id love to see some pictures and ideas that worked for you i go it back on with some cotter pins I had just to get me through the day looking for a permanent fix also the latches for the front storage are garbage looking to upgrade them as well and finally is there a company that makes a inner wheel wellor some kind if guard for rad protection and to keep mud from getting in there excessively all inputs appreciated looking forward to hearing from you guys
Regarding the front storage pins/hinge set up do a search on this site. I forget when exactly but there are numerous discussions regarding rigging up a solution or buying a metal fabricated hinge set with bolts from a guy on ebay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts