Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just got a (<200 miles extremely lightly) used 2021 Sportsman 570 this past week, and had a chance to take it trail riding. Within seconds of hitting some very small, I'm talking 3/4 inches standing water, puddles I could feel the belt slipping. I went to drain the clutch box and had plenty of water come out. After it was drained and the belt dried, it ran fine again, until I hit another puddle, and the exact same thing happened. I'm no spring chicken to riding and understand that the clutch vent on this new design isn't ideal compared to my old 2013 500, but there's no way there is even water hitting that vent. I have seen on here that folks have had similar issues with the 570, but most just suggest that it's the vent, and don't offer up much of a solution. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try out before I fork over hundreds at the shop?

Also discovered that the lock and ride for a 2020 sportsman doesn't fit the new one either, but that's a whole different gripe.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Its either coming in thru the intake/exhaust vents, the gasket between front and rear cover, or between the rear cover and engine/transmission.
If you can't figure it out by taking a look, you can fill the belt box up with water and see where it's leaking from.
Then, dry it out and seal it up.

My 2015 570 was leaking between the rear of the belt box and the engine/transmission. I removed both clutches, the back half of the cover, cleaned it all up, sealed the surfaces with silicone and put it all back together. No issues since.

Not sure how 3/4" of standing water can cause "plenty of water" to get in there. Seems kind of weird.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
12,881 Posts
Hey all, I just got a (<200 miles extremely lightly) used 2021 Sportsman 570 this past week, and had a chance to take it trail riding. Within seconds of hitting some very small, I'm talking 3/4 inches standing water, puddles I could feel the belt slipping. I went to drain the clutch box and had plenty of water come out. After it was drained and the belt dried, it ran fine again, until I hit another puddle, and the exact same thing happened. I'm no spring chicken to riding and understand that the clutch vent on this new design isn't ideal compared to my old 2013 500, but there's no way there is even water hitting that vent. I have seen on here that folks have had similar issues with the 570, but most just suggest that it's the vent, and don't offer up much of a solution. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try out before I fork over hundreds at the shop?

Also discovered that the lock and ride for a 2020 sportsman doesn't fit the new one either, but that's a whole different gripe.
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem 2weeks ago with my 2021 sportsman 570 with only 210 miles on it. I went slowly through a puddle just deep enough to cover the floor boards. Right after this, the belt was slipping a lot. After a mile or two, it returned to normal. I am very disappointed by this. I will try to talk to my dealer about this, to see where is the problem.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
12,881 Posts
I had the same problem 2weeks ago with my 2021 sportsman 570 with only 210 miles on it. I went slowly through a puddle just deep enough to cover the floor boards. Right after this, the belt was slipping a lot. After a mile or two, it returned to normal. I am very disappointed by this. I will try to talk to my dealer about this, to see where is the problem.
Font Line Window Pattern Automotive exterior
to the forum
Ball Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Font Gas

From the Official Forum Greeter, be careful of the other imposters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts