Polaris ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
I agree 100% about the base 850!!! Best horse power bang for your buck in the biz. The "I can hang with with a 1000" bullsh!t ain't flying with me!!! I believed it until rather recently!!! Guys with 400 utility ATVs were talking that bullsh!t. Not to me but I herd these ridiculous claims that I don't need that expensive of a machine or the big of a motor no one's pulling away from me and my 400-850 in the woods BULLSH!T I gotta say. Believe me I've proved it to myself over and over. That 1000 is unmatched on the trails. For the record I don't line up against anyone and run a straight line that's ummm well not what the machines were built for!!! I'll say this if so and so is running <1000cc and beating so and so with a 1000 then so and so on the 1k can't ride as well as the guy not on the 1k!!!

Fellas I'm not trying to be a d!ck or discredit anyone's experiences or observations these are just mine. Just have a strong opinion on this as I have heard things over the years that never added up and now that I've observed what I have well I have my opinion. But no disrespect to anybody!!

Reactions: gearheadesw1

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
237 Posts
I agree 100% about the base 850!!! Best horse power bang for your buck in the biz. The "I can hang with with a 1000" bullsh!t ain't flying with me!!! I believed it until rather recently!!! Guys with 400 utility ATVs were talking that bullsh!t. Not to me but I herd these ridiculous claims that I don't need that expensive of a machine or the big of a motor no one's pulling away from me and my 400-850 in the woods BULLSH!T I gotta say. Believe me I've proved it to myself over and over. That 1000 is unmatched on the trails. For the record I don't line up against anyone and run a straight line that's ummm well not what the machines were built for!!! I'll say this if so and so is running <1000cc and beating so and so with a 1000 then so and so on the 1k can't ride as well as the guy not on the 1k!!!

Fellas I'm not trying to be a d!ck or discredit anyone's experiences or observations these are just mine. Just have a strong opinion on this as I have heard things over the years that never added up and now that I've observed what I have well I have my opinion. But no disrespect to anybody!!
Bro , yours is on another level tho. Lmao that outty xxc is built for speed and for handing that speed. It’s not just about being fast. Iv rode a xxc before . Comparing your quad to a sportsman or scrambler 850 or even the 1000 is like comparing a vette to a Chevy Cruz. There’s a reason that’s a premium quad at a premium price .It’s only thing even close to Feeling of a Mx built 450. Still though it’s a lot of weight should it ever get away from you so you gotta respect the power of it. Take it from someone who’s had their share or crashes .

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
237 Posts
Well yeh, you haven’t already? What’s wrong with you boy, get on it!!
Come to think of it my wife done some kind of thing to her hair with a stick and a bunch of hair bands on Halloween and it was sticking way up with pig tails like ape hangers . And I do love my ape hangers on my Harley . May give it a go! Boys I think we got way off topic ! Lol

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
862 Posts
Come to think of it my wife done some kind of thing to her hair with a stick and a bunch of hair bands on Halloween and it was sticking way up with pig tails like ape hangers . And I do love my ape hangers on my Harley . May give it a go! Boys I think we got way off topic ! Lol
LMAO!! Well that’s a perfect off topic! Thanks I needed that laugh!!

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
237 Posts
After this crazy year between COVID and election and everything else it’s nice to have a laugh with some like minded people . Plus we’re able to do it social distancing 🤣 unfortunately I’m actually in quarantine. It’s the first time Iv had any time off work in well over 10 years. I’m already bored and ready to go back but can’t yet .

·
Registered
862 Posts
After this crazy year between COVID and election and everything else it’s nice to have a laugh with some like minded people . Plus we’re able to do it social distancing 🤣 unfortunately I’m actually in quarantine. It’s the first time Iv had any time off work in well over 10 years. I’m already bored and ready to go back but can’t yet .
I agree, this year has been SO full of stress, and I also enjoy any and all humor found here. I can tell you jsnance has had me laughing hysterically before. Great bunch of guys here. And please forgive me if any of my smart ass answers offend anyone, it’s not intended that way, just humor, that’s all.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
3,225 Posts
I'm just so happy all the tv commercials are back to normal.....

Reactions: Luann and Sprotsman

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
237 Posts
I'm just so happy all the tv commercials are back to normal.....
Good maybe I’ll actually turn the tv back on now. I think in the past week Iv watched every video on YouTube . The guys with the Riding group called “untouchable” I love watching their videos even tho I can’t understand a dam single word they say. Not sure what country they are in.. but I wished we still had big atv riding groups like that around here .

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
The untouchables do some crazy sh!t that's for sure. Damn I asked them on one of their vids where they were from but can't recall at the moment. All those concussions are coming back to haunt me in my old age.

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
I want to say Romania.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Good maybe I’ll actually turn the tv back on now. I think in the past week Iv watched every video on YouTube . The guys with the Riding group called “untouchable” I love watching their videos even tho I can’t understand a dam single word they say. Not sure what country they are in.. but I wished we still had big atv riding groups like that around here .
Well since I care and you sound like a great guy, I can always forward you all the telemarketer calls I get since they appear to be back to work. That should cure some boredom. 😂

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
237 Posts
The untouchables do some crazy sh!t that's for sure. Damn I asked them on one of their vids where they were from but can't recall at the moment. All those concussions are coming back to haunt me in my old age.
To me that’s the best kinda of riding . Pushing the limits climbing stuff like that. Iv Raced gncc and Mx and done tons of hill climbs but I’m embarrassed to say I absolutely suck at mud and creek riding ! I’ll stick with hill climbs . My first trip out in the sportsman I had 2.3hrs on it got belt wet then stalled it in the creek and had to be pulled out by a old Honda and I was flamed for weeks by my friends! Lol but if I had the money and time off to waste I’d love to ship my wheeler over there and go ride with these guys !

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
237 Posts
Well since I care and you sound like a great guy, I can always forward you all the telemarketer calls I get since they appear to be back to work. That should cure some boredom. 😂
Oh I already get dozen calls a day about the warranty being out on my vehicles 😂

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
237 Posts
My favorite thing to do now with them is put phone on speaker while at work and just waste as much time as possible with them. Eventually they hang up.

·
Registered
862 Posts
My favorite thing to do now with them is put phone on speaker while at work and just waste as much time as possible with them. Eventually they hang up.
Exactly! It’s freaking hilarious sometimes!!

41 - 60 of 68 Posts