Polaris ATV Forum banner

2021 Carb setup?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  rainmanx 
#1 ·
Picked up a 2021 Phoenix for my son recently. It is very lean at idle. This past weekend it was around 50 degrees and with the choke on, it still wouldn't start. Had to give throttle and keep revving it. Then finally it would idle with the choke on. After around 15 minutes of riding, he could finally take the choke off. Then the idle was too high.

The air/idle screw has the tamper plug. I'm going to drill it out so I can richen up the idle some. I have noticed over the years that the main jet went from a 106 in the mid 2000s to a 100 then finally to the current 98 a couple years ago. I'm wondering if anyone knows why the change. Was the intake changed or something?

Are there any good carb setup tips other than the normal tune the carb process? Maybe a good starting point or everyone changes X to Y and it runs better.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum

#3 ·
Your federal government has changed the EPA restrictions and laws that's why it has changed.

#5 ·
yeah i get that. I was going to get a few main jets and try them out. I just wanted to make sure that something else on the bike didn't change. I was going to start with a 102 and go from there. I got to get the idle right first though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.