Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone built a rear storage box for your rear under seat area like that was on previous years? Or maybe tried using a older year set up along with the rear access door on a 2021?
I ordered a 21 but not loving the storage elimination of it. It was one of the things that sold me on the sportsmans to begin with.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 21 570 is just straight up empty underneath the rear and behind the rear tail light. Not sure why they went from 2 taillights to one. And gave up that space. My 21 850 has a cubby with top access but is completely useless if you put a cargo box or 2up seat on. I could see it being easier to fab something up for the 570 by switching to dual taillights. But the 850 seems more complicated. Overall seems like a bad decision to change that.
If you come up with an idea, please share

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the dual tail lights on my model.
I was going to buy an older model year (15-20)storage box & door and I install but the entire rear tail light bezel would need to be cut up or replaced by an older model year. Just seemed like an expensive experiment. I haven’t had the time but was going to try and fab up a box with just under seat access. I kinda liked the rear door option but who knows how water tight it really was. I know the front storage area is far from water tight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Odd. Wonder if this is a model thing. I just purchased a 21 touring and it has a rear storage box. It does not, however, have the battery in the front box like others do. Hmm?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very interesting. The battery is in a better spot up front but it definitely sacrificed storage space up front.
It’s all good but it was one of the nice features of the Polaris machines they offered storage. I have 2 young kids that when we ride guess who gets stuck with everything lol
Could of used the storage.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
4,464 Posts
Odd. Wonder if this is a model thing. I just purchased a 21 touring and it has a rear storage box. It does not, however, have the battery in the front box like others do. Hmm?
The touring model is still on the old style chassis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone built a rear storage box for your rear under seat area like that was on previous years? Or maybe tried using a older year set up along with the rear access door on a 2021?
I ordered a 21 but not loving the storage elimination of it. It was one of the things that sold me on the sportsmans to begin with.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is a 5” tall 8” wide 10” deep steel lock box I made. It bolts to the frame under the rack, remove seat for access. Completely hidden

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
4,464 Posts
Welcome.gif
to the forum
Cheers.gif

Approved.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts