Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I recently bought my first atv which is a 2021 sportsman 570, it has 4.8 hours on the machine and i took it out trail riding for the first time 3 weeks ago, i am having an issue every time i go through something as small as ankle deep water it is getting into the belt housing, and i have to pull over and remove the drain plug, i am not hitting the puddles at 60mph or anything like that either, ive hit them 10-15mph tops, i took it back to the dealership that i bought it from an they told me there is nothing they can do, that "everything looks good"
and mind you the hose that connects the intake to the airbox was dangling, and i had never removed the seat until the day i took it to the dealership for the belt housing issue, but the machine had stalled a couple times which could have been because of the hose and it resulted in stalling out on the ramps while loading to take to the dealership, it then kicked the ramps out an fell to the ground which busted the back plastics, they are refusing to warranty the damage, which isnt what irritates me the most, what irritates me the most is that they are claiming abuse and with and saying its my fault that water is getting into the belt housing which i know that i am not doing anything that the machine shouldnt be 100000000% capable of doing, if anyone has any suggestions please help. if it matters i live in Ohio, i do know this state has a lemon law but i dont want to go to those extremes if i can help it

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
7,085 Posts
Welcome.gif
to the forum
Cheers.gif

Your question has now been logged into the queue and the next available forum member will answer you shortly. You will be given more advice than you could hope for.

The real shortage in this country is common sense.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
7,085 Posts
Reactions: gearheadesw1

·
Registered
755 Posts
If it persists, and you really can't find where it's coming in from, sadly, the best way to find it is to fill the belt housing full of water in your garage, and look for it leaking out on the floor. Don't let the dealership give you a bad taste for the machine, we'll help you get this thing running in water puddles deeper then you want......

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
1,773 Posts
Smoke test is better than using water. You can make a smoke machine with a jar, soldering iron, bike pump some old socks an baby oil.

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
I’ve mentioned this before, not sure if any has seriously looked at either retrofitting with pre-2020 ducting or maybe the other forward facing duct. If I had one I’d definitely look into it, but both mine are 2017’s and not an issue. IDK, maybe it’s been looked at by some and parts won’t work, I haven’t heard confirmation of that yet!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts