Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to purchase a Sportsman 850 Ultimate Trail Edition today. Went through all of the numbers/financing stuff only to find out when they tried to register it with Polaris that they can't release it due to a stop sale order. No idea what the issue is but called Polaris customer service and they confirmed it. I'll follow up when I know more.
Font Material property Parallel Paper Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,150 Posts
Uh-oh, not good. That would be something safety related for sure.

Reactions: Scrappy507

·
Premium Member
12,925 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm got my attention!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,150 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^mine to…..please keep us posted, we’ll hope it’s a minor, easy fix problem.
I hope so too. This quad is a holdover for the 2022 General that I ordered in July but won't be delivered until April - May.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My knowledge on quads is limited but I bought a 2021 850 a couple of months ago.my dealer was telling me he couldn’t get anymore because they aren’t meeting emission requirements mine was the last till this gets worked out.Could this be the stop sale?By the way I live in California don’t know where op lives.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My knowledge on quads is limited but I bought a 2021 850 a couple of months ago.my dealer was telling me he couldn’t get anymore because they aren’t meeting emission requirements mine was the last till this gets worked out.Could this be the stop sale?By the way I live in California don’t know where op lives.
Live in Alabama but drove 4 hours to south Atlanta to purchase.

·
Premium Member
9,150 Posts
Font Line Window Pattern Automotive exterior
to the forum
Ball Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Font Gas

·
13,332 Posts
It says its just a "potential quality issue affecting a small number of vehicles". No biggy.
That stuff happens all the time. I'm sure its probably a little more common right now with worker shortages and temps filling in on the production line. I wouldn't get too worried guys.
I saw one old stop sale from back in March on some Ranger models. It was a safety related stop sale order concerning steering bolts not being torqued correctly. It only applied to 30 vehicles.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just checked with my dealer, he says they haven't heard anything about it, said mine is still on order. I guess time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It says its just a "potential quality issue affecting a small number of vehicles". No biggy.
That stuff happens all the time. I'm sure its probably a little more common right now with worker shortages and temps filling in on the production line. I wouldn't get too worried guys.
I saw one old stop sale from back in March on some Ranger models. It was a safety related stop sale order concerning steering bolts not being torqued correctly. It only applied to 30 vehicles.
I'm just impatient and dealer inventory doesn't help at all lol. I posted the stop sale because it isn't on their website and wanted to inform others before they make a long drive to disappointment 🤣.

·
Registered
14,477 Posts
It's a quality issue - the "Patriot" engine simply will not last an acceptable period of time and Polaris wants to avoid replacing engines that are in short supply under warranty and in turn getting a black spot on their impeccable record of customer satisfaction and product reliability :rolleyes: (as if they had a clean record to begin with), so they opted to replace the questionable power plants with a better product before selling and having to warrant. 3 to 6 months will get all the unsold units repaired prior to sale and the already in service units will be replaced as the design flaw makes itself obvious to the current owner. Good luck to those who own a unit with the Patriot engine as when it fails, it may be 6 months or more before a replacement engine will be available. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts