Polaris ATV Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
Yep - and it is a 4T twin in the Sportsman and Ranger ATV and UTV - Patriot is a designation for an engine line like Prostar and Ninja - lots of different variations in the series

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,196 Posts
There are two different stop sales orders out. One for snowmobiles and one for ATVs

Reactions: Gmartino100

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
2,126 Posts
The stop sale order for the 850 patriot is for the sleds. They are a pretty solid engine with good performance, so it will be interesting to see what this is all about. Not sure where latebird is getting his info on longevity issues, but I would be interested in reading up on those problems.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The stop sale order for the 850 patriot is for the sleds. They are a pretty solid engine with good performance, so it will be interesting to see what this is all about. Not sure where latebird is getting his info on longevity issues, but I would be interested in reading up on those problems.
Coming from the snowmobile forums.... lots of 850 Patriots popped last winter.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
2,126 Posts
Coming from the snowmobile forums.... lots of 850 Patriots popped last winter.

Top end? Bottom End? I have a couple buddies running the 850, one since they were first introduced in 2019, and except for a couple plug fouling issues they have been great. I'm not on any snowmobile forums so I don't have as big of a pool of people to draw experiences from.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Top end? Bottom End? I have a couple buddies running the 850, one since they were first introduced in 2019, and except for a couple plug fouling issues they have been great. I'm not on any snowmobile forums so I don't have as big of a pool of people to draw experiences from.
IIRC it seemed it was bottom end issues, I know they were replacing the entire motors with long wait times. Cat was having similar issues on the 21 800s they got a bad batch of injectors and a bunch of those popped too.

·
Registered
634 Posts
21 - 29 of 29 Posts