Polaris ATV Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hey,

not too much, how about you? Last summer I was up north, had a chance to ride my friend‘s 16 570EPS for a day. Let me tell ya, that machine impressed me, the 570, efi, and EPS really made a difference.

I sold my 400HO in Msy, with the ATV shortage, it sold fast. It had 6,400km/4,000 miles on it and no breakdowns.

im thinking either October or next spring. Thinking 570 Premium Trail, the arched a-arms got my attention.
sounds like a good plan Will!!!! i'll tell you bud the 570 is nice. we have a touring model and if you told me we were going to hit the rode and as many atv spots as we could in a Canadian/American adventure i would take he 570-T with out hesitation. but i also have a 1000 and man the power is addictive. idk Will 850 base model would be very tempting at the 570 premium price point. but either way you go you cant go wrong!!! good luck in choosing. thats just part of the fun modding it and riding it are just as fun!!

Reactions: WillB

·
Registered
29 Posts
sounds like a good plan Will!!!! i'll tell you bud the 570 is nice. we have a touring model and if you told me we were going to hit the rode and as many atv spots as we could in a Canadian/American adventure i would take he 570-T with out hesitation. but i also have a 1000 and man the power is addictive. idk Will 850 base model would be very tempting at the 570 premium price point. but either way you go you cant go wrong!!! good luck in choosing. thats just part of the fun modding it and riding it are just as fun!!
ok, I dont really need eps, so a base 850 would serve me well. If you could only buy one, would you go 570 or 850?
the wider footwells on the 850 are one of the things that I love about it, as well as my need for power.

That same weekend I also rode a renegade 1000 xmr, i love the power,now much else. It is a mud machine, rode harsh on trails.

An 850 works for me.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The EPS is a great option to have. Once you have it you won’t want one without. The new 570 Premiums look pretty sweet. I really like the centre LED light. Hope that fits in older models.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The EPS is a great option to have. Once you have it you won’t want one without. The new 570 Premiums look pretty sweet. I really like the centre LED light. Hope that fits in older models.
i have to agree, did not see the need for EPS till we got to rocks, then I loved it.

just built a 570 premium, got a winch, hand/thumb warmers, led light kit for $2,000 less than an 850 Eps with same accessories.

looks like that would be the way to go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
... I really like the centre LED light. Hope that fits in older models.
If the headlight shape did not change at all, it will fit. It may need an adapter for powering properly though. It shows up as a $399 option in the builder tool.

i have to agree, did not see the need for EPS till we got to rocks, then I loved it.

just built a 570 premium, got a winch, hand/thumb warmers, led light kit for $2,000 less than an 850 Eps with same accessories.

looks like that would be the way to go.
My two cents? If you can afford the nicer 570, now, get it. Save and trade up later. This coming from a guy trying to liquidate all debt in his life though. 😇Other thing work noting, the new 450/570's with EPS come with smoother engine braking. Something I want for plowing.

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I can say the EPS is as great as every one says it is. Will, I'll tell you this after taking the 570 down to Hatfield & McCoy the power steering was a nice upgrade. But coming off the 800 without EPS I was missing the power. What I also liked and even more then the EPS was the EBS!!! Engine braking was actually the better upgrade to me down at HMT. My 800 is under a complete rebuild and after putting some miles on the 570 I had to add EPS to the 800. So with all that said I would go with the base 850 over any 570. For me and my style of riding there's nothing more enjoyable then being able to crack that throttle and just send it!!! I recently purchased a 1k and what a thill it is to rip. My order of importance for an ATV is power, EBS, and then EPS.

Reactions: RoyR80 and WillB

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can say the EPS is as great as every one says it is. Will, I'll tell you this after taking the 570 down to Hatfield & McCoy the power steering was a nice upgrade. But coming off the 800 without EPS I was missing the power. What I also liked and even more then the EPS was the EBS!!! Engine braking was actually the better upgrade to me down at HMT. My 800 is under a complete rebuild and after putting some miles on the 570 I had to add EPS to the 800. So with all that said I would go with the base 850 over any 570. For me and my style of riding there's nothing more enjoyable then being able to crack that throttle and just send it!!! I recently purchased a 1k and what a thill it is to rip. My order of importance for an ATV is power, EBS, and then EPS.
Thanks! After looking last night and thinking today, I’d rather have a base 850, could add EPS later on. I do agree on EBS, it is an amazing system and an asset on hills, especially Northern Ontario.

After riding the 1000 Renegade, I absolutely want more power. I prefer Polaris over Can Am, too many advantages IMHO.

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
It's a toss up and canned ham guys are very VERY proud, lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone know why in europe new -21 570 has 9hp more power than -20 model? something to do with some EU reculations but does it now have 44hp or more?

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
It was de-tuned for the EU regulations.

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

·
Registered
15 Posts
One local dealership told me they were 6 weeks out on delivery after orders are in. Reached out to four dealers in the area and it's like pulling teeth to get an out the door price. I am used to sales guys actually interested in selling. First one that gave me an actual price gave me MSRP and said if the rebate comes within September they'll honor it. That's not out the door so. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
15 Posts
Second dealership gave me $300 discount but on top of the $495 freight also charges Dealer Prep/Rigging Fee for $225. So really more like $75 discount?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have no issues paying freight, truckers don’t work for free. Same with PDI, unless I see a promo from Polaris on free PDI, I have no issue paying that either. If you pay your set up guys good money, you will attract good knowledgable people. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have no issues paying freight, truckers don’t work for free. Same with PDI, unless I see a promo from Polaris on free PDI, I have no issue paying that either. If you pay your set up guys good money, you will attract good knowledgable people. You get what you pay for.
I have no problem paying them, and am paying them for installing accessories on the same quote! I was not aware, "PDI" was a standard. Thank you for illuminating me.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts