Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2022 Polaris have has side plastic fitting issues from day one.. looking for insight to have anyone else had this problem? I’m so frustrated!!
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Tread

Fixture Automotive tire Grey Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Rim

Car Hood Blue Vehicle Automotive tire

Hood Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Automotive design

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Hood Window Sky Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
12,881 Posts
Unfortunately, Polaris deems that as commercially acceptable.

Reactions: Nickadeamus

·
Administrator
18,198 Posts
I fail to see the problem. It's a utility/recreational vehicle and a precise fit is not striven for during assembly as it will be beat up, scratched and bent in normal operation. It's not just Polaris, it's Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Can Am, Kymco, Coolster, Taotao, Apollo, Jianshe, Yinyang, Linhai, Bushmaster, Landmaster, Coleman and all the other manufacturers you can name. Fit and finish is low down on the list while appearance and amenities get priority. They no longer care if the belt cover is waterproof as long as the USB ports are functional and convenient and the GPS built into the display is easy to update. Remote start and alarm systems get more attention than fit and finish.

Side note: I grew up on a farm - every so often we would need a new truck - when dad closed the deal on a new truck the first thing he did was stop at the gravel pit and get a load of sand and gravel dumped into the bed - then my brother and I got to shovel the gravel out of the bed while dad drove the truck from one place to another where the drive between and around the buildings needed leveling or filling. When we were done, the bed was all scratched up and had dents in it. Dad said it was for work not show and it had done its first work. Now we didn't have to worry about what it looked like when a cow or horse rubbed up against it or when a roll of barbed wire and fence posts were thrown into it. He did caution us about not breaking a window in it and we did wash it a couple of times the first year or two, but the only time it was washed was after hauling livestock in it. When I bought my NEW CRF250X race bike everyone commented on how nice it looked. One dummy asked me how I would feel the first time I fell down and scratched it. I immediately knocked it over, picked it up and 'accidentally' lost my balance and dropped it on the other side. I picked it up again and said, "Well I won't have to worry about scratching or bending something on it now; Will I?"

I normally don't buy new and am very selective about the used vehicles I get.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had to periodically adjust the panels you are showing after weekends of riding. Polaris fit and finish is somewhat suspect and it is what it is unfortunately.
It is to the point that this panel will not stay In place and this is a new machine.. I’m more then frustrated at this point.. I am starting to get worried it may be more of a frame issue then a plastic issue

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
If under warranty, take to dealer and ask them to check it out.
If not, grab your buddies machine and park next to yours. Take them both apart and use the good one to see if you can figure out what the problem is on yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts