Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sportsman XP1000S
1,848 Posts
Not that I have heard of .

if you want to add some I would contact Walker evans directly. They can make up a set better than on the stock sportsman. ( for example with rebound adjustment)

Reactions: Mehoff

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
10,125 Posts
Reactions: Mehoff

·
Registered
2021 Sportsman XP1000S
1,848 Posts
I emailed WE about buying direct and no one ever replied...
I had a good experience with Walker Evans I was having an issue with some O-rings inside of the pivot bearing on the top of my shock and they sent me out 16 replacement orings that were the correct size

I was able to call them in the morning get in touch get a support email send pictures and correspond with him all within a days time.

** I think maybe the lack of supplies may be a problem . Hopefully not

Reactions: taken

·
Registered
Western MA
266 Posts
I finally got around to ringing up WE. They said with all the supply chain BS right now, they don't have anything to offer for the Sportsman S. However, they do have two aftermarket packages that are normally available and once things straighten out, they will be building and stocking them again. I plan to check back in the spring and see what's what at that point...

·
Registered
2021 Sportsman XP1000S
1,848 Posts
I finally got around to ringing up WE. They said with all the supply chain BS right now, they don't have anything to offer for the Sportsman S. However, they do have two aftermarket packages that are normally available and once things straighten out, they will be building and stocking them again. I plan to check back in the spring and see what's what at that point...
Yeah this seems to be exactly what is behind all of the issues with changing the shocks for this year’s model. Glad you got in touch with them at least you know where you’re at . I think a lot of folks are in that same boat with various products just waiting a while until things are available again

·
Premium Member
13,341 Posts
My vote is to pull the trigger and slap Elka stage 5s on it ASAP!!!

·
Registered
Western MA
266 Posts
In these times who would give $16k or more on a purchase without seeing what their actually bying. Sometimes you get shafted. Now live with it.
This wasn't trickery. It was Polaris removing a feature at the change of a model year. They never said it was available on the 2022s therefore no one got shafted.

Reactions: Sprotsman

·
Premium Member
13,341 Posts
That'll be one bad mother!!!!!!!

Reactions: taken

·
Registered
14 Posts
This wasn't trickery. It was Polaris removing a feature at the change of a model year. They never said it was available on the 2022s therefore no one got shafted.
I don't disagree. However, I believe Covid has allowed them to get away with murder. What I mean by this is that all the test rides that are floating around from reputable folks like Dirt Trax or ATV on Demand are with the Walker Evans equipped machines from 2019 or 2020. I'm sure Polaris is using Covid supply disruptions as an excuse to not lend out machines for new model year testing. As a result, Polaris can save a bunch of money building the machines while even raising the pricing and they don't really get held accountable. Without Covid, they would have to supply 2022 test ride machines and reviewers would be going nuts that price went up but arguably the most important feature went down. End result is they might need to discount the model year to deal with the fallout of their move.

·
Registered
Western MA
266 Posts
It's not only a cost saving measure. It's supply as I stated in the other thread you posted this in. I'm wondering if there will even be an S model next year. The Scrambler S is already on the shelf.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's not only a cost saving measure. It's supply as I stated in the other thread you posted this in. I'm wondering if there will even be an S model next year. The Scrambler S is already on the shelf.
Take it for what its worth, but here is what my dealer salesman just told me after talking with his Polaris rep:

"The new shocks, while not Walker Evans, are very evenly matched with the performance the Walker Evans provided. However, the benefit from the new model year tri mode steering is significant and leads to the 2022 being the best performing model year to date."

If I'm being honest with myself, for the riding I do there is probably no appreciable difference. However, I have to think the facts are that when pushed to the very limits, one would notice much better performance from the Walker Evans shocks.

·
Registered
Western MA
266 Posts
I completely agree with that rep's statement and I've said this before... I have a 2019 Premium 1000 that I've never felt needed better shocks. However, I always feel the PS was way to light at speed. It's ideal for utility work like pulling firewood, my wood splitter or my wood chipper though. So, while I'd love if it had both, if I had to choose, I'd choose the multi mode PS. I can always upgrade the shocks at a later date but the PS needs to be there from the factory...

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
Walker Evans can't build shocks if they can't get parts from China - it's not a supply chain issue, it's a 'where the manufacturing is taking place' issue. W E could get US companies to manufacturer the parts or make the parts in house, but it provides a wider profit margin to utilize Chinese slave labor. We no longer have slaves in the US, but slaves have been used throughout history to build empires and corporation is synonymous with empire.

·
Registered
Western MA
266 Posts
I just got a reply from Elka. They said my timing was on the money as their R&D team is just finishing up a new setup specific to the Sportsman S. I guess it's going to be released in the very near future....

Reactions: bp405
1 - 20 of 23 Posts