Polaris ATV Forum banner

2022 XP 1000 fuel pump failure

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  crazyflyboy30 
#1 ·
Fluid Gas Household hardware Composite material Cylinder

90hrs on bike. Look close! Made in china.

D
Fluid Gas Household hardware Composite material Cylinder

See less See more
#9 ·
It also has Bosch stamped on it. Bosch buys it from china for $15? Polaris buys it from bosch $100? Polaris sells to customer. $290?

Installed a Quantum.

D
Not quite; Polaris contacts Bosch and commits to buy more than 1 million units for $25 each - Bosch then contracts with a Chinese company to manufacture them for $5 each and commits to buying 2 million. Polaris pays to have them shipped to Mexico where they are delivered to the factory and installed on vehicles. A percentage of the units are allocated for replacement parts and the price is set at $290 so the across the counter sales offsets the replaced under warranty expense.

Depending on how fast the inventory moves off the shelves determines the renewal of the contract with Bosch and whether the contract is for more or less units than the original contract. Sometimes a product fails to meet expectations and the contract is cancelled and a new supplier gets the contract.

#10 ·

I was just being hypothetical on prices, Polaris wants $415

Yes it had warranty. I didn't feel like the fussing at the dealer $80 for a Quantum and 3 hours of my time is better than hauling it back and forth to the dealer, getting the warranty approved, making a date for installation, waiting a week to pick it up because they had to order a part they know is bad, and then going back to get it. I would rather ride than dick around at the dealer.

No, I was not suprised.

Had a pump on the shelf ready for the day it quit.

Pump failure warning. Yes. It starts then quits once in a while. Then when it gets below half tank and hot, it quits and will not start until cool. Or the dang thing just quits completely.

D

#11 ·
Quantium is made in China, American company though I think. Made in china is not always bad.... I can have a China factory build me 2 identical looking fuel pumps on can cost $20 and one can cost $100 its all about the specs and materials requests. One can have shit steel, paper gaskets and the cheapest rubber orings money can buy. The other can be built with quality stainless-steel, petroleum grade gaskets and orings, you get the picture.
There reputation is usually bad because customers tend to have stuff built/ordered as cheap as possible.
They can build you a fuel pump that will last for the life of the atv 99.7% of the time its just going to cost 400 bucks, not 40!
Ford can build an F-150 that will last a million miles bumper to bumper, but the market calls for $60k trucks not $400k.

#15 ·
I don't know the cost for sure PC, but a friend of mine got hired on when the Toyota plant first opened in Georgetown, KY. He thought it was a hoot that visiting Toyota employees from Japan would stuff their suitcases when returning home because premium KY Bourbon was a couple hundred dollars a bottle there. That's been quite a few years ago and it may have changed by now, but it was a big thing back then lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.