Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
Has anyone ever found/used a 220/240V electric pressure washer?

There are 120V electric pressure washers that I have used, but they don't quite have enough psi or gpm to remove real mud and dirt. They are all over the big box stores online and amazon. (I know you aren't supposed to spray into the joints etc. )

It seems like you need just about 3,000psi and 2.4gpm ratings to actually remove dirt. I know what they are really spraying is probably less, those are just the ratings.

The 120V washers don't quite cut it for washing off an ATV or car. So in my mind, it would be easy to find a ~230V washer from Australia/NZ that pulls the same amperage and more power, and therefore more psi and gpm. But I have looked all over the googles, and cannot seem to find a residential priced one. (On the order of a couple hundred bucks)

The only 220/240V ones I see are close to a grand and are commercial grade.

I'd like an electric vs gas so that I can store it indoors and not worry about the gas/oil/etc. Or having to worry about maintaining Another small engine.

It seems so obvious as a market need. Most of us have 240V somewhere for an air compressor, or saws, or dryers, etc.

Has anyone found or seen an electric pressure washer that was 220/240V that was reasonably priced?

Thank you!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of dirt & Mud you're getting into, but a 120v electric pressure washer does plenty fine getting the dirt and crud off of my machine. I see no need far a 240v pressure washer.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I bought an 220 30 amp pressure washer and love it. I use it inside my shop a lot in the winter so that's why I wanted electric. I spent about 850 but am happy with it. I have it mounted on the wall and plumbed in. Turn one valve and flip a switch start washing.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of dirt & Mud you're getting into, but a 120v electric pressure washer does plenty fine getting the dirt and crud off of my machine. I see no need far a 240v pressure washer.

I'm with you, a small unit will blast 2 inches of thick mud no problem.
I only use it in extreme cases, i like my decals, lol

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Never knew they made such a beast honestly, have used a few 110 weeks units in the past and was never impressed. We've ridden some areas with this sticky clay type muck and even my 3500psi unit with the laser tip that looks like a water jet ready to cut steel, i had to work my butt off to get it off.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Garden hose
Sprinkler
Chair
Six pack

Thats all I generally need

·
Registered
1 Posts
Electric Pressure washer

I have a John Deere 240 V hot water pressure washer. Has been great to blow hot soap on a very dirty machine. No hassle with electric, plenty of pressure and flow rate. John Deere service and parts best in the business.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts