Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up this 250 quad TB. a few months back,

it rode fine for a while its not electric start but it takes a key and im not sure what year it is, or even how to find what year it may be.

when i first got it i accidentley mixed the gas and poured it straight in, instead of putting the 2stroke mix in the one side, and the gas in the other
( it mixes itself )

i think this may be the problem, but when i turn the key and pull the cord there is wayy too much tension on the line, like the motor is seized or something?

im thinkin i may have ruined the seals/gaskets around the engine, and thats why its so hard to pull.

there is almost no way to pull it after it goes so far and i dont want to keep pulling so hard on it, and break something.

can anyone help/know or heard of this problem before?

have i ruined the seals inside and just need to replace them or is there something more sinister going on here...

thanks for any assistance

i think this may be part of the problem,

i believe i poured the wrong kind of oil in the mix part of the gas/mix storage.

instead of putting 2stroke mix, i think i put actual engine oil.

could this cause the motor to seize? or is there anyway to fix what i've done

·
Registered
29 Posts
if you really think the seals are gone or possibly almost seized just pull the head and see what kinda surprise you get

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have no clue how to do that,

the first atv i ever owned was in nov, 2009.
i was hit by an appointed constable in march 2010

does pulling the head involve taking it almost all the way apart?

·
Registered
280 Posts
did you run it that way?+did you see smoke coming out the exhaust when it was running? pull the plug and see if it is still hard to pull.if it is locking up still than Ouch!!! if not, get back to me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
280 Posts
first once again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,did you run the engine with no visual smoke coming out of the exhaust???????? what made you think it was locked?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just the fact that it was so hard to pull, made me think the engine might be seized up,

the last time i ran it, there was no white smoke coming out.

it's very hard to pull with the plug in, but easy with it out.
it wont start at all with the current plug in it, and i cant afford to get a new one right now.

but there was NO white smoke last time i ran it.

it would just bogg down and wouldnt start back.

im unable to start it right now.

·
Registered
280 Posts
you need to get a compression gauge.if you know there is good gas getting to it + still has spark,just kept dying while riding it.no visable lube.might have piston/ring/cyl/damage.should have at least 110 to run any good at all.any less and it would be a temperamental s.o.b.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
a spark plug for that thing should only be about $3. i would be using a new plug to try to get this thing running. also, it should have and e-start regardless of the year. the VIN should be stamped on the frame, possibly in the front left wheel well. If you find it, let me know, i can run it and get you a year.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ill go look for the vin now, it has a key but the key dosent electrically start it, it only turns it on i guess, you have to pull start it.

ill go check for a vin now though TYVM

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Model Number : W 9 5 7 2 2 1

Vin # ( i think ) 2 5 3 4 9 2 4

it had X 2534924 X
on the inner side of the right wheel well, so i suspect thats the Vin #
model # was clearly stated as such.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i tried looking up the vin myself, and the websites say its too short to be a vin number,
those are the only two numbers i can find anywhere on the 4wheeler that could even possibly be the vin.

the one i said is the model number, has a sticker that says so.

im not sure where else to look =/

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
You have the right Vin#

Model Year 1995 TRAIL BLAZER
Model Number/Model Name : W957221
Engine Number : 9500952

Production Date 03/14/1995
Purchase Date 03/29/1996
Registration Date 04/08/1996
Warranty Expiration Date 09/29/1996

·
Registered
280 Posts
yeah+remove the motor oil from the reservoir and put in the right stuff.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
should i still run the compression test,
and. im pretty sure it does. but does it require actual engine oil? not the gas mix type, but actual engine lubricant,
and where do i put it in at?

there is a steel/aluminum like plug on one side that goes into the engine i think

is that where you put it ? or is that transmission fluid?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts