Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 26" Sedona Ripsaws for my polaris 500 and when i put them on i realized they rub a little bit on the front. The front tire is 26x9x12. Is there anything i can do to get these to stop rubbing. It is mainly when turning an sometimes just riding but i do not want to buy spacers because i do not have that money.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Rubbing on what? the Tie rod ends?

Get proper offset wheels.

·
Premium Member
11,473 Posts
Yeah tie-rods. U can get aftermarket rims with a 4+3 offset, buy wheel spacers, or flip the tie-rod ends on the strut housing from the top to the bottom.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does flipping the tie rod ends do any harm to the machine or is it bad for it? How do you do it? Thanks

·
Registered
737 Posts
You might be able to put some washers behind the rim. As long as you can get a full nut on.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Looks like you got an excuse to get some new rims!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Options are offset rims, wheel spacers, or to flip the TRE to the underside as mentioned. I'm with fuse and think it's a good option to get some badass looking rims.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I bought 26" Sedona Ripsaws for my polaris 500 and when i put them on i realized they rub a little bit on the front. The front tire is 26x9x12. Is there anything i can do to get these to stop rubbing. It is mainly when turning an sometimes just riding but i do not want to buy spacers because i do not have that money.
Options are offset rims, wheel spacers, or to flip the TRE to the underside as mentioned. I'm with fuse and think it's a good option to get some badass looking rims.
As cool as new rims would be..... the original poster stated that " i do not want to buy spacers because i do not have that money". So, since he doesn't have the $100'ish for spacers..... I'm guessing he doesn't have $300-500 for new ghetto bling rims. :dunno: So your 'best bet' and only "FREE" option is to flip the Tie Rod Ends.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

As cool as new rims would be..... the original poster stated that " i do not want to buy spacers because i do not have that money". So, since he doesn't have the $100'ish for spacers..... I'm guessing he doesn't have $300-500 for new ghetto bling rims. :dunno: So your 'best bet' and only "FREE" option is to flip the Tie Rod Ends.

Did you read his whole signature...anyone who can afford all that shit and is an engineer should be able to drop $300 on rims. Still figuring out how he has itp rims already and is still rubbing :thinking: Any insight into that?

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
^Doesn't make sense to me why they would rub being ITP rims. My Bearclaws are close....about 1/4" but they don't rub. Don't see why the ripsaws would be any different unless they run wide.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts