Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure what difference it will make,but figured id ask the knowledgable members on here with the experience,I have an 05 Sportsman 800 with stock tire sizes 26x8x12 fronts and 26x11x12 rears,I have an opportunity to purchase a set of Maxxis 25x8x12 and 25x10x12,will there be any noticable difference between the the sizes?Basically I know they will be an inch shorter and the rears an inch narrower,is that it?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
You will experience a bit quicker accelerations. Loose a bit of ground clearance as well. But doubtful one inch width out back is going to be felt. Especailly if the new tires are a traction improvement tread wise.

Post up before and after pics.

CW

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
For the type of riding I do I like to keep tire size as close to stock as I can. The Bighorns run larger meaning a 25 is almost a 26. On my 2008 SP800 I went with the 25's and was very happy with them. IMO bigger is not always better.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I agree with thor and cwlongshot and maxxis are a good tire you wont see much of a diffrence

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,I appreciate the input,depending on what deal I get,25s or 26s is what they will be!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts