Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi iam trying to decide between 27 or 28 in zilla tires for my new 850. I have been told that zilla tires actualy measure small so I am leaning towards the 28s but do you think that will be the best fit thanks for any input.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i'd get 28's. if it runs small at all its less than 1/2". i'll try to remember to get actual measurement this weekend

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I just want make sure Thay wont rub iam getting after market wheel but I don't want to have to lift the bike or use wheel spacers.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have read alot about guys running 28's on 850's and the usual sidewall ply ratings. I think everyone that has owned a set of zillas and commented on here has the same answer. best tire they ever had. I personally havent had them but have been lookin at them alot. I have read countless posts and looked up as much info as I could find. Everyone likes them that has them and most state they would buy again. I know weight and size wise they sure look good. I personally dont like heavy tires, tried that and wasnt pleased. They say 28's are more like 27's and if you go with 27's you have to get the wider 10 inch tire upfront. I wouldnt want this myself maybe you do. I would perfer 28x9x14 vs 27x10x14 up front! I guess I need to just buy a set because the price is very good for 28's and the weight is closer to stock than all you aftermarket radial or bias in 26 inch! JMI.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much your comments help a lot and I think the 28s will be the best fit for me.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Go with the 28's. You can fit 30's on these machines with no lift.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had planned to put 27's on my new 850X2. But now I may be tempted by the 28's. Will these tires require any upgrade of the clutch or belt?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The zilla's run small. So 28's will fit with no problem. They are also super light.
So an 850 will think you just have stock tires. I run 28" Radial Outlaws. The radial laws are super heavy. But, my 550 handles them fine with no mods.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The zilla's run small. So 28's will fit with no problem. They are also super light.
So an 850 will think you just have stock tires. I run 28" Radial Outlaws. The radial laws are super heavy. But, my 550 handles them fine with no mods.
Thanks man. Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi iam trying to decide between 27 or 28 in zilla tires for my new 850. I have been told that zilla tires actualy measure small so I am leaning towards the 28s but do you think that will be the best fit thanks for any input.
They'll work great on your 850 with no mod's. Will look great on the stock wheel's too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts