Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 550 and was wondering if it will turn 28" zillas without having to install a clutch kit or a lift. If anyone has this setup please let me know and if you have pictures I would like to see it first hand. Thank y'all so much!

·
Registered
319 Posts
28" tires will fit fine on the 550. You will notice due to the extra weight of the tire some power loss. That is why we add clutch kits so you get the power feels you want again. I recommend a QSC clutch kit once you go anything over a 26" tire. You will not be disappointed. Remember also that the zillas tend to run a little short so a 28" tire is actually closer to a 27".

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the 28's sitting in my garage and very soon I will mount them. After all of my research it sounds like the 550 will do just fine with 28's on it and clearance is definitely not an issue. Wish I had them on the bike so I could be more informative as to whether it can turn them without a problem but I expect it to go just like it did before. I know most people say to do the clutch but I believe if you want neck snapping acceleration you should buy a 2 stroke sport quad or better yet a bike.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
A clutch kit is not for power, its to make your clutchs work the way they do stock , with larger heavier tires.

After a few blown up belts you will probably smarten up and do a clutch kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts