Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally decided on new tires went with zillas 28x10x12 fronts and 28x12x12 rears bought 1.5 inch spacers for the front but now that they are on might not have needed them the fronts are only 9 inches wide.but i can say these tires are huge.also bought a dalton orange and blue primary clutch spring.went for a little rip and not sure if i need the spring.oh ya they are on an 08 800 sportsman and dont notice any power loss right now,gonna go mudding this weekend then i will know for sure.i gained an inch and a half in back and an inch in front of ground clearance.the last pic is sitting beside the old mans 08 can am 800 max xt witch has the same stock tires as i had.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Good looking bike!!

I think you might like the Dalton spring, as it will increase the engagement rpm to 1900-2100. I have one on my bike with the 27" Bighorns. Which are heavier than your Zillas.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks buddy.with the dalton spring in do you find you use low gear less often.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Unless I'm pulling or hauling heavy loads, I use high. We ride a lot of strip mine and logging roads, where you can run higher speeds.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yes, looks like the specs on the fronts are actually 9.30" for the
28x10-12 zilla.

Don't know what size your stocks were, but do you notice any
difference with the steering with a wider Front tire?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have 1.5 inch spacers on the front and the baby is wide now i had to get the spacers because i have the tm2 progressor shock adjusters.and the tires hit them.not sure if they would fit it i didnt have the tm2s on.so far there doesnt seem to be much difference in the steering but i only tried out behind the shop on flat ground.gonna go riding this weekend.also installed the dalton blue and orange primary spring so the jury is out on that to.should have tried the new zillas without the new spring but just had to put it in.boys with new toys the wife always says.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts