Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY
I am new to polaris and the AWD concept. I understand in 2WD that one of the rear wheels is used. If it slips then the front transfer case engages allowing one of the front wheels to drive. Is that correct. I can find no true explaination of this sytem anywhere.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
In 2wd both rears spin. When in AWD or 4wd when the rears slip just 1/5 then both fronts spin with the rears

2013 850ho

·
Registered
9 Posts
In 2wd both rears spin. When in AWD or 4wd when the rears slip just 1/5 then both fronts spin with the rears

2013 850ho

This is what my Dealer told me also. Both rears all the time in 2wd/awd. If you have it in awd the rears slip it will kick in both fronts as it also activates a front locker. So it is true 4x4. As soon as the rears quit slipping it will go back to 2wd automatically eve tho you still have the awd selected.

Pretty neat system.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Just leave it in AWD and then, when you need it, it is there. Back wheels slip a bit and both front wheels will kick in. Once spinning or rears stop, the front ones will unlock and you are using the back wheels only again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts