Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had some issues installing this relay for the 3 light mod using bgirard420's instructions. i swear i did everything exactly how his video and post said to do it and double checked before i turned it on, just different colored wires came on my relay, but i adjusted accordingly. after i got everything wired up, i turned my 06 sportman 800 on, turned on low beams, they worked fine, then turned on high beams, my fourwheeler turns off and i hear a sizzling noise coming from somewhere, i THINK from the switch. the 5 amp fuse busted. i replaced it but now the only thing on my atv that works is the low beams. the blue light for high beams comes on but no actual head lights come on. bike wont start, speedo doesnt turn on. i think i've fried something but i dont know what or where.

bgirard420 has been trying to help me resolve my problem but we have both been unsuccessful. i think i might've had a wire hooked up wrong, which is now fixed (dam red/green color blindness), but it's probably too late. any suggestions? how can i figure out what's fried? i'm obviously not an electrical engineer or anything close to one.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
WELCOME!

OUCH that sux, VERY sorry to read this!!!

Have you pulled apart/off the switch? HOPEFULLY its not too bad, you probably did sizzle something...hopefully its not too costly a part!!!

Sorry brother I cannot help alot from over here...Maybe another member is close enough, you can buy the pizza and beer and you can get together and fix it... Where are uou located?

CW

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have not pulled apart the switch yet, seems like its gonna be a pain to take it apart. i live in alabama. i just hope i didn't fry any computer chips as that will probably cost hundreds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts