Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lets all complain and maybe Polaris will follow suit
come on guys lets all hear it

·
Registered
553 Posts
Polaris warranty is basically worthless!!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lets make this a post they will listen too

·
Registered
679 Posts
It does not matter if they offer a 20 year warranty. You already know the answer if you try to bringing in a warranty claim, "wear item, not covered by warranty".

·
Registered
978 Posts
I got a new hub replaced at 3 months in. Glad it happened in the warranty. Mine just ran up on friday.

·
Super Moderator
7,074 Posts
maybe that's why Polaris are so cheap?

I think Honda and Deere? have 1 year warrenty on their stuff.
BINGO!
I'm sure Polaris would gladly add the 3 year warranty and then add $1200 to the base price of their machines. Then everyone would bitch about the prices. That 3 year CanAm warranty isn't free. Don't kid yourselves about that.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I would like to see at least a 1 year warranty.... This would allow for complete break in on all machines, and also allow for the machine to see all 4 of the seasons (climates / temperatures) of the year. Polaris is based in Minnesota and see's the seasons change and daily temperature swings and "knows"!! That's why I bought mine when I did (Late Fall)..... just enough time to break it in before snow, and I thought nothing would get an issue to show up faster than "cold weather and work/plowing"!!

All though, I'll have to say..... 6 months is better then the "No Warranty" I got with my first or past two Honda's, don't recall 100%. But I know the 2000 didn't have a warranty & I don't recall if the 2005 did or not, but thinking No!

As stated.... 3 year warranty would be awesome (at least cover repairs while it's under financing). But it would come at an up front fee!! Maybe just the extended plans are best, and Polaris may already have this one figured out!! But for Can-Am it's a sure fire way to win over some of the market!!

·
11,603 Posts
Bob, these guys are missing the big picture. For the extra thousands $$$ that Can AM charges they should have a 10 year warranty....No thanks! I'll just keep my Polaris and my money and repair it myself, or if your so inclined, buy an extended warranty for your Polaris.
It's all just marketing hype to make you THINK your getting something for free when in fact your paying through the nose for it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If Polaris changed to three years warranty they would go broke just changing axles!!!!!!!!! lmao!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Polaris warranty is basically worthless!!

You are correct...mine has the 3yr extended joke plan.

simple version of the terms of the contract: Polaris will cover what they want if they want...only have to pay items that don't "wear" or "break", with $50 deductible

You the customer/owner....be prepared to pay the full repair bill.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Being new to 4 wheelers, I was taken back that there is such a thing as a 6 month warranty. It is almost laughable. I liked the logic that the Polaris sales guys try using to flip it that the 6 month warranty is actually their longest warranty all things considered given wheelers can be driven year round. Here in MN there is so much snow that you can't ride off trail and if you ride on trail, you get a beat down from the sledders as wheelers aren't allowed on trails in the winter. Timing wise you could get very few miles on the machine in 6 months depending on your situation and seasons. Ignoring that because I wasn't willing to pay 11k for my touring plus $1,200 in sales taxes and prep fee, they are a good deal used. Given I've put a whole mile on mine around the neighborhood because of the above (and because I have sleds) we will see if I eat my words come summer use season.

·
Super Moderator
7,074 Posts
Bob, these guys are missing the big picture. For the extra thousands $$$ that Can AM charges they should have a 10 year warranty....No thanks! I'll just keep my Polaris and my money and repair it myself, or if your so inclined, buy an extended warranty for your Polaris.
It's all just marketing hype to make you THINK your getting something for free when in fact your paying through the nose for it.
And as you can tell just by reading this thread, it's working. Great marketing scheme. It doesn't take much reading over on the Can Am forum to figure out that their warranty coverage is no better than Polaris when it comes to getting repairs done under warranty. Right or wrong, it seems to just be the nature of ATV warranties. At least Polaris gives you the option of paying for those three years of coverage, it's not just added to the price of the machine.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. when I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me - Tommy Boy

·
Registered
460 Posts
^^I knew what you were quoting when I read the first sentence! lol

I would like to see at least a 1 year warranty.... This would allow for complete break in on all machines, and also allow for the machine to see all 4 of the seasons (climates / temperatures) of the year. Polaris is based in Minnesota and see's the seasons change and daily temperature swings and "knows"!! That's why I bought mine when I did (Late Fall)..... just enough time to break it in before snow, and I thought nothing would get an issue to show up faster than "cold weather and work/plowing"!!

All though, I'll have to say..... 6 months is better then the "No Warranty" I got with my first or past two Honda's, don't recall 100%. But I know the 2000 didn't have a warranty & I don't recall if the 2005 did or not, but thinking No!

As stated.... 3 year warranty would be awesome (at least cover repairs while it's under financing). But it would come at an up front fee!! Maybe just the extended plans are best, and Polaris may already have this one figured out!! But for Can-Am it's a sure fire way to win over some of the market!!
My '05 Rubicon had a 1 year warranty! Not sure what the difference could be, besides location.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I agree 6 months is ridiculous as I had 20 hours on mine when it expired. However the CAN AM offer is 6 months factory and 18 months extended, not 3 years and only on certain models until end of April and not on any of the XMR models.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts