Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. Not to shabby in my opinion.. My 850 Touring is 3 years old now with 2500km's.. I bought it new in oct 2010 so I've really only been riding it since spring 2011.. I'm ashamed to admit that I've only ridden once this year. kids -golf and family activities pushed riding to the back burner this year.. However my anual 3 day trip to northern ontario is in a couple of weeks.. I was going over the machine this weekend and I feel that I have enough play when I wiggle the wheels that I need new bushings.. Gonna give props once again to this machine by explaining that pretty much every km of the 2500k has been big rock, big mud and deep wood's riding.. These are literally the first wear item's that I am replacing on this machine.. Keep in mind as well, if you've been on the forum a while you might even remember that I've told a couple of stories about this machine being rolled over, not once but twice!.. Resulting in cosmetic damage only.. Not one moving - structural or mechanical part has given out on this machine. I'm looney about maintenance and I feel that my commitment to fresh grease and clean oil are largely responisble for the low cost of ownership I have enjoyed so far.
With that said. Its time to get on with the bushings..
Would anyone with experience doing this, mind replying with the steps to replacing the bushings. As much detail as possible if appreciated.. I'm an average at best wrench turner but I think I can handle it.. Thanks in advance for any and all guidance..

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just did mine.

Good place to start would be jccapri youtube video.

Pretty simple but a messy job with a lot of probably pretty tight bolts to remove. You're going to have a lot off the bike, so take advantage of preparing for any other major items you need at the same time. (brake pads, wheel bearings. rod ends. belt, fluid changes, etc.) and have the items ready at the same time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts