Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just recently bought my first ATV. I rode on often when i was younger so i know how to ride one pretty well. Anyway ive got a sportsman 570. I want to get some new tires and possibly rims. I was looking at the maxxis zillas. Im looking at 28's with spacers on the front stock rims or i have found some polaris 10 spoke 14" rims for sale. I was contemplating running 30's with a front arm forward kit but didnt know of any further issues that i should worry about running either size. What do yall think?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!
From what I've read so far, get ready to replace your axles when you go that big.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. My 570 is the same color haha. Yeah I heard the new axles break easy. Sense tires seem to last a long time I'd rather go big with minor rubbing and build around if that's possible.

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
Axles (rhino) + clutch kit (QSC via rvs performance) fyi zillas run small.

·
Registered
558 Posts
If the new chassis is similar to the old chassis then the 30" Zilla's will fit with the rear shocks turned up to the highest pre load. The rear is always the place that limits tire size, that's why all the larger lifts come with a rear rake.
You will do fine with stock axles on either 28 or 30" Zilla's. They are a light tire for their size. Now if you lift the bike then it's a given the axles will let go. I would opt for the 14" wheel with 28+ size tires, that's just my opinion.

QSC, Dalton Industries both have clutch kits out there for the 570, I would go with the QSC kit, there is a local vendor on this forum that can help you out.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Your bike should have come with a spring tool. It basically hooks in the colar and rotates clockwise increasing spring tension and lifting the rear of the bike. It keeps the rear from bottoming out and rubbing, trade off is a slightly rougher ride. This is needed with the 30" Tires, the 28" clear with no rear spring adjustment needed.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
There is a guy in the "show your 570" thread who has 30" zillas with no lift or rake and it looks very good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW i found a set of polaris brand black 6 split spoke 14" rims for cheap on craigslist. Can i fit 9-10" wide tires on the front with those?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!
From what I've read so far, get ready to replace your axles when you go that big.
The 570 Axles are the same diameter as the XP1000 - No issue there.
I am going to put 30s on my 570 ACE - I bought 4:3 offset rims to balance the COG - Likely will turn better than stock config
Offset front arms and rear lift already installed - not going to install front lift unless absolutely neccesary.

Will let you know when its done next week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts