Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve recently purchased a 2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 and I was looking the 28” outlaw 2’s and the weights of the different outlaws. I see that the 31” outlaws are the same weight as the 28” outlaw2’s. I was wondering if just a 2” lift from Super atv would allow me to clear these tires? Also, would i lose more power from the 31” even tho there the same weight? I know tire turning ratio probably has something to do with it. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I would go with the 28's then you don't even need a lift.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've had 30" radial outlaws on my 850 and they cleared every where but the front of the back fender on the floor board not unitll It was flexing on one side alot. As for turning them I think the 31s will be harder to turn than the 28" ol2 more mass is gonna make them harder to turn.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here mine is with 30" rads

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Heres another one

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha, I think I'll go with the 28" but I'd still like a lift just for that little added height. Which lifts would y'all recommend?

·
Registered
190 Posts
How much lift are u wanting to do?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Super atv makes a 2" lift there prices are usually pretty reasonable

·
Registered
826 Posts
Old topic from Feb.
Hey Grant, you end up going with 28" Outlaw radials or Outlaw2?
Also, did you spend the money on a lift or not?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I realize this is old as well my 31 OGs measure true 31 & with 2" lift still required 1.5" forward As-Arms to clear on my RZR. I'll try to swap them on to my 500 this weekend with ~3.5" lift.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guys! I went with some 28” Mega Mayhems which are great tires. But, this coming up weekend I’m trading up to 29.5” Outlaw 2’s…. Think they will rub without a lift?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Guys! I went with some 28” Mega Mayhems which are great tires. But, this coming up weekend I’m trading up to 29.5” Outlaw 2’s…. Think they will rub without a lift?
Man that's going to be close even with your preloads cranked all the way up. You could always try some HD springs for that extra little bit. Are you open to any trimming if they do rub?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm running the 28" Mayhems on my 500 & was asked to swap them for the 29.5 OL2s by a coworker. Normally I'd be like heck yeah; but them SOBs are heavy tires.

This is where I'm at with my thoughts on this trade are.

the weight difference is not worth the minor performance benefits and minimal clearance gain plus they will be harder on the axles

1 - 20 of 21 Posts