Polaris ATV Forum banner

325 help needed

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  stave7119 
#1 ·
I have a 325 magnum 4x4 2000 model that has lost most of its drive power.
I have replaced the primary clutch & belt but it still is not working correctly.
when the bike is in neutral the primary & secondary work perfectly but when I put the bike in gear(high) the clutches only go out half way & when the bike is in neutral at idle the secondary spins as well, there is not a great deal of difference between high & low gear speed wise at the moment, any help would be greatly appreciated as it is very hard to find a mechanic in OZ who knows much about polaris bikes

#10 ·
I have to guess that it was the problem since he didn't post again that it wasn't fixed. Lots of times the problem gets fixed and we forget to post the results. I would second the above diagnosis. If the buttons in the secondary clutch get worn out the helix inside wears metal on metal as it tries to move the secondary clutch and has a hard time overcoming the friction. I would look at the primary clutch too. Pull the belt off and watch the primary. As you raise the rpm, it should move completely closed.

#12 ·
I think the helix is still available from Polaris or at least it was the last time I looked. The buttons are only a few bucks each but the helix is probably a $50

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.