Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1993 350l 4x4 clutch cover just started touching the clutch while I was riding it yesterday. The clutch is rubbing on the top and bottom of the cover in the same area. I have read about the covers warping. How can I really tell? and is it possible the clutch could be coming out to far and touching the cover. I have been using the machine to tow a brush hog around this weekend. After a long while I noticed noise from the cover at idle. Give it a little gas and its gone. The longer I rode it the worse it got.

·
Registered
295 Posts
check your motor mounts look like little discs with studs on each side they come apart then the engine will shift happened to our 91 350L 2x4

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at the mounts. They are rubber bushings with a stub on each side? If they are. Both the front and the rear are fine. The rubber is all there and looking at the dirt line around the rubber it doesn't appear that the moved.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Very common for the old covers to warp like that when things heat up in there. Towing a lot will do that fast. You can try to heat it up and push it out again, but best is to just replace with a new cover that was redesigned not to warp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the cover warp around where the clutch is or does to warp all over? I seems that the housing is rubbing the clutch like the cover shrunk or isn't wide enough anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts