Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the little plug under the guage pod (sportsman 500 efi) for? It looks like the plug for an RC car battery. Is it for battery charging? Accessory pre-wiring?

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
probably an accessory plug. hard to say without seeing it, but i know these machines come pre-wired for all of the accessories, and most of them that arent being used rest inside the headlight housing. i am unaware of any charging plugs on the machine

·
Registered
240 Posts
not sure about the one your talking about but I was at the dealer the other day and ask that question . They said it was to plug into the computer, for diagnostics I guess.

·
Registered
421 Posts
not sure about the one your talking about but I was at the dealer the other day and ask that question . They said it was to plug into the computer, for diagnostics I guess.
yes. that is whats it for diagnostics but not for the wheeler it self. its for the speedo. if i rember there is 4 wires in it. power. ground, gearshift postion, and a wire that goes to the speedo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guys this was the plug that I had a ground wire break in my 03 700 twin sportsman and it caused the display to intermittently fail, and the 4X4 to disengage. The ground wire broke at the chassis ground point under the hood. I replaced the terminal and screwed it down to the chassis ground point and my problems were solved. Just an FYI but thought I would mention it because that plug does rattle around in the pod and could cause bigger problems. I tie wrapped it down snuggly so I won't get future failures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts