Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just got ahold of a polaris 400 magnum 2 stroke and its been sitting up for about 10 years cause the fuel petcock stoped up and the chock cable broke and the rad coolent tank is cracked my questions are where can i get parts for this thing i cant seem to find them on cheapcycleparts.com as i'm not sure what year it is i cant seem to locate the VIN number. i know i'm going to need to pull the carb and clean and rebuild it is there anything else i need to look into thanks guys

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
First we got to figure out what you have. It is not a 400 Magnum. Most Magnums are 425,335.325,500 and 4 stroke. If its a 400 you have a 400L,400 Explorer or a 400 Sportsman those are 2 stroke. The VIN number on older Polaris is near the gear shifter and is only 7 digits. The model number is there also it begins with a "W" the 2 numbers after the "W" is the year model.
If you cant find it there look on a cross bar at the top of the frame under the seat. If not there post a pic. Verify engine size by looking for numbers on top of head or just behind the pull rope housing.
I hope that helps you.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks ok i did a little digging i just took the previous owners word on what it was but i dug throw some of the parts and found some of the plastics and its got sportsman on the side of it i will dig around more on it when it warms up theres some snow on the ground here in arkansas and we have to stop what we are doing cause no one knows how to handle that lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts