Polaris ATV Forum banner

400 scrambler 4x4

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  LapMorgo73 
#1 ·
Hi im new to the forum have a few questions and hope to answer some anyway i have a 1996 scrambler 400 4x4 (as you probly know 2 strock chain drive to front and rear) i want to know if it would hurt anything to take the 4 wheel drive out of it less weight more power to rear wheels right? i want to make a 2 wheel drive sport bike out of it any ideas

#2 ·
that will knock some weight off fer sure,but what were you going to do about the holes in the struts where the front half-shafts go for the hubs. and were you going to keep all the parts ,so you can go back .
on the other hand, from a parts standpoint ,it would be great if you could find a donor 4-wheeler for parts--trailblazer or trailboss-- then you would have a 400 sport

#3 ·
thanks for the reply i never really thought about the holes but i will work out something ill just have to see when i tear into it and yes i am going to keep the parts but my 4x4 dosnt work anyway im guessing its something electrical so i figured hay it dont work take it out and do a few mods to the engine and make a sport quad out of it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.