Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thank anyone in advance for help with this. While on the lift, I engage AWD and only left front wheel engages (are both supposed to, or does rear have to slip first?) 2nd, after seeing a worn spot near the strut on the coil wire for AWD, I spliced and put a test light to it. I get power to it but only in drive, not neut. is this normal. I believe the coil is bad but don't want to venture to far if there maybe some elect. problems. Thanks again for any help.

·
Registered
170 Posts
No power @ Hub Coil in neutral is normal & should have Power in forward gear & will only have power in reverse if override button is depressed,Has hub fluid been changed? Could be coil issue-Halliard Clutch or fluid,how is other wire to clutch coil? Have seen the Halliard clutches so bunked up that they wouldn't work may have to inspect & clean & fill hub with proper Polaris Fluid.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey gmiller, I can't thank you enough for the help. Yes fluids are good and flat locking plate between the clutch and coil was in place when I removed the hub, and hillard clutch looks good. What I didn't mention was that although I am getting power to the coil (or at least 6" away from it) it is not magnetizing. I say 6" away because the portion of wire that runs up the strut and is covered in blue permatex, does not look compromised. I've got well over 5k on this bike and other than routine maint. bearings, valve adjust etc. I can't say enough good things about Polaris and I ride with alot of other quads. I'm always the guy that makes it home.....even if I'm towing another. I hope some day I can be as helpfull. Regards

·
Registered
170 Posts
You are Welcome! 1 other tip I will offer if you are going to replace the coil do yourself a huge favor and Order the Part Called a "Hub Strut" it will be the whole Aluminum Part that the coil is on it will come with the coil already installed & a new Ball Joint as the coil it's self is a real pain to remove,I have had good luck ordering parts from http://www.mrcycles.com/default.asp
I believe they are a Sponsor of this forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts