Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok one is how do i find the date on the bike?2 can i safely bypass the oil injector ? 3 what clutches can i use to upgrade? 4 i drilled holes in the end of the tail pipe will that hurt anything? 5 i had about 600lbs including me i rode it about 2 miles seemed like it was short on power got to a stopping point it was hot as hell the inside of the pipe was glowing like it had a fire in it i got back home after it cooled i messed with it again still no power check air filter looked bad pulled it off and it came alive pulls the front wheels off the ground now so do you think from the bad filter is the reason it got hot?fan is running i bypassed it to a switch i turn on myself has plenty of coolant....also i mixed my own gas and put in the tank at a little more than 50 to one and its smokes pretty good plus the oil tank had a little in it so i can see why it would smoke lol...all in all the bike runs fair and was a good deal i think but i do want to get rid of the oil tank i need the room up there for a snorkle thanks for any help guys

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board, and Dirty Dale should be along to help you with at least the clutch issue!

·
Registered
527 Posts
We will see if we can answer your questions. Dam there is a lot! LOL:laugh: The serial number for your machine should be located on the frame rail by the front tire I believe it is the left side of the machine. The Polaris primary or engine clutch is the best in the business. But the secondary clutch or transmission clutch is nothing special and can be updated to a roller secondary clutch which will put more power to the ground and we have these in stock if you need one.
Drilling holes in the muffler will cause a drop in back pressure which will result in a performance loss and lean condition this could be one reason for the hot exhaust. Another reason I can see for the machine being hot is the machine is probably not clutched properly for the kind of load it was carrying thus the rpm were down and you were lugging the motor to death which in turn builds heat. This is a another factor in the glowing exhaust. You do not want to mix gas with the oil pump in place. If your going to mix your gas you will want to remove your pump from the crankcase then you will want to put a oil block off kit on. This will maintain proper crankcase volume for the bast performance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where can i get the block off plate and what does the secondary clutch cost? do they make a performance exhaust for this bike? i want to get rid of the oil tank and run a snorkle up through the hole where the oil cap is....will it hurt the bike if i take off the pump?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Your dealer should be able to get you one through parts unlimited. The secondary clutch with spring and helix for your application is 320.00. No you will not hurt the bike as long as you have the oil block off kit on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is it hard to put on?the clutch i mean im a do it yourselfer to cheap to pay someone when i can do it myself....i just never had a polaris before i watched the vid of the guy pulling the drive clutch off looked simple enough and how much would it be total price shipped to 71295 and a belt to if ya got one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts