Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Nope - all gone

What color wires go to it and got a pic of it with vivible markings?

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
You sure it's a 99 335? There was no LR60 module on the 99 335

There was a five wire LR60 module on the 2000 325 Magnum

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
On the 99 diagram I see one by the Thermister
I stand corrected - the 99 does have one - wired differently, but serves the same purpose - it is supposed to turn the fan on when the fan thermistor reaches 260*F, turns the fan off at 240*F and turns on the hot light if the oil temp rises above 290*F.

Is this the problem you are having? You test the thermistor and LR60 module by shorting the thermistor leads together - if the fan and hot light come on, then the LR60 module is good and the thermistor has failed or it simply has not gotten hot enough to turn the fan on.

You can test the thermistor by suspending and immersed in oil (cooking oil will work), connect an ohm meter to the leads and using a candy thermometer, heat the oil - the resistances should correspond to the chart.

You did not describe the problem, you simply asked if the unit does no longer exist. The unit is not a relay, it is an electronic control module that uses IC's and Zener diodes in place of mechanical relays.

Although made in 99, it could be a 2000 model - the VIN will determine and settle that question.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I stand corrected - the 99 does have one - wired differently, but serves the same purpose - it is supposed to turn the fan on when the fan thremister reaches 260*F, turns the fan off at 240*F and turns on the hot light if the oil temp rises above 290*F.

Is this the problem you are having? You test the thermister and LR60 module by shorting the thremister leads together - if the fan and hot light come on, then the LR60 module is good and the thermister has failed or it simply has not gotten hot enough to turn the fan on.

You can test the thermister by suspending and immersed in oil (cooking oil will work), connect an ohm meter to the leads and using a candy thermometer, heat the oil - the resistances should correspond to the chart.
View attachment 154395 View attachment 154396

You did not describe the problem, you simply asked if the unit does no longer exist. The unit is not a relay, it is an electronic control module that uses IC's and Zener diodes in place of mechanical relays.

Although made in 99, it could be a 2000 model - the VIN will determine and settle that question.
The module itself was smoking and is burnt where the orange, red and yellow wires go in. The fan ran constantly and the red temp light stayed on. The vin is 4XACH33A7YD117162

·
12,806 Posts
Polaris says that VIN is for a 2000 Sportsman 400 lol

VIN Search Results
Vehicle Information
Vehicle Information
Model Name
SPRTSMN 400
Model Year
Model Number
A00CH33AA
Purchase Date
2/17/2000
VIN
4XACH33A7YD117162
Engine Serial Number
Warranty
Warranty
Factory Warranty
Start Date
2/19/2000
Expiration Date
8/17/2000

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Polaris says that VIN is for a 2000 Sportsman 400 lol

VIN Search Results
Vehicle Information
Vehicle Information
Model Name
SPRTSMN 400
Model Year
Model Number
A00CH33AA
Purchase Date
2/17/2000
VIN
4XACH33A7YD117162
Engine Serial Number
Warranty
Warranty
Factory Warranty
Start Date
2/19/2000
Expiration Date
8/17/2000
Huh Engine serial checks. Bought it new in Fairborn Ohio but my tank says 335.

·
12,806 Posts
Latebird may be able to get you fixed up with an alternative. I suppose you could wire individual relay/breakers to do the job that box handles since you have the wiring diagrams and know how everything is supposed to function.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Latebird may be able to get you fixed up with an alternative. I suppose you could wire individual relay/breakers to do the job that box handles since you have the wiring diagrams and know how everything is supposed to function.
Worth a shot

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
It's not at all rare - just Polaris errata

The VIN reveals it's a model A00CH33AA - 2000 model Sportsman with a 335 engine in color AA (OLIVE GREEN)

Now is when it gets interesting - there were early and late production models - while they both had an LR60 module, the early production was a 6 wire and late production was 5 wire - so based on the production date and the 6 wire unit, I will deem it an early production model. The bad news it used the same 4010164 LR60 module as the 99.

I suggest you first try to find a used LR60 module - if not successful, find a thermal switch that fits the thremister hole in the oil cooler to turn the fan on at about 250* - it will eliminate the hot light function and it will have to be rewired - the org/blk wire will go to the thermal switch and the oil cooler will have to be grounded to get the fan to turn on if using a single connection switch - or wire in a manual toggle switch. There might be other options, but the ones suggested are the fastest, cheapest and easiest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's not at all rare - just Polaris errata

The VIN reveals it's a model A00CH33AA - 2000 model Sportsman with a 335 engine in color AA (OLIVE GREEN)

Now is when it gets interesting - there were early and late production models - while they both had an LR60 module, the early production was a 6 wire and late production was 5 wire - so based on the production date and the 6 wire unit, I will deem it an early production model. The bad news it used the same 4010164 LR60 module as the 99.

I suggest you first try to find a used LR60 module - if not successful, find a thermal switch that fits the thremister hole in the oil cooler to turn the fan on at about 250* - it will eliminate the hot light function and it will have to be rewired - the org/blk wire will go to the thermal switch and the oil cooler will have to be grounded to get the fan to turn on if using a single connection switch - or wire in a manual toggle switch. There might be other options, but the ones suggested are the fastest, cheapest and easiest.

View attachment 154429
Ok Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you tried Powersportsnation.com? (402) 371-7002 ask for Justin. This is a UTV/ATV salvage yard. They have helped me out with hard to find parts fir my 02 Ranger 500 4x4.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts